• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Buying what you don't need

shelgarr

Registered Member
This morning on the show "Sunday Morning" I watched a segment about Judge Judy. (I don't watch her show). She reportedly makes 45,000,000 per year!!! Good grief. Anyway, she has a beautiful home in Connecticut and the show did a short tour. Passing through the kitchen the reporter noticed the commercial grade stove and asked Judge Judy if she ever cooked. She admitted that she doesn't even know how to turn it on. What?????????? Why have something you don't use? I imagine there are oodles of features in that house that hardly get touched. I don't get it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I have bought a lot of stuff I don't need. For example, I bought a recliner recently for my apartment at school... and it hasn't left my basement at home yet. I don't know why... I just keep forgetting, hahaha.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Because if you can afford to make a room in your house look perfect by your standards then why not? Some things are just for show because it goes with the style you're aiming for.
If I had as much money as that I am sure I'd own some appliances I didn't use.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
For a stove, I actually understand buying it when you don't need it. Especially when she has that much money. Maybe she has friends that use her kitchen or someone comes to cook for her and uses it (yes, that does happen). Also, if she ever wants to sell the house, it would look pretty stupid if it didn't have a full kitchen.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Like EA said, others can use it. Besides, maybe it came with the house.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never buy things that I don't need haha

I guess I'm just weird that way. I almost never buy things in general so there's no chance you'll find me buying things I don't need...I don't even buy things that I DO need lol

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
This week we started Soldes period which is sale period (only happens twice a year here). I end up buying things I don't really need in case at some point I would need them and it would be expensive already at that point. Some false sense of saving money, when in fact if you don't use it, you've wasted money.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am in agreement Shel, I don't understand why you would buy something especially something so functional such as a cooker or a fridge if you are never intending to use it, I just don't see the point, I am the same with large houses, if you have a 10 bedroom house but have 2 peopld living it what is the point? I live in a small flat but I have everything I need and that is what is important to me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I was rich and could afford anything that I wanted without thinking about it twice then yes, I would buy a lot of stuff I don't need.

But at the moment, no, I do not buy stuff that I don't use since first off I rather spend my money on something that I do need, and I don't like things collecting dust for no apparent reason.