• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Buying into OKC?

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
Anyone buying into this new OKC Thunder roster? I know Golden State Warriors are still legit, but this OKC roster "on paper" is certainly intriguing and looks like it may give GS a real challenge. Addition of Paul George speaks for itself. One of the best 2-way players in the game, and adding his touches to Westbrook's will definitely help out that offense. Patrick Patterson at his contract was a huge steal for Presti, and he'll certainly help on defense and 3-point shooting. Everything else remains same. So, you guys think OKC can take a series from Golden State?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone buying into this new OKC Thunder roster? I know Golden State Warriors are still legit, but this OKC roster "on paper" is certainly intriguing and looks like it may give GS a real challenge. Addition of Paul George speaks for itself. One of the best 2-way players in the game, and adding his touches to Westbrook's will definitely help out that offense. Patrick Patterson at his contract was a huge steal for Presti, and he'll certainly help on defense and 3-point shooting. Everything else remains same. So, you guys think OKC can take a series from Golden State?
They'll compete, but I don't believe they can beat the Warriors in a playoff series. The addition to Paul George will do them wonders, but I am really curious to see how Westbrook will co-exist since Wesbrook demands the ball so much. Adding Patterson is not much of a great addition, in my opinion. He often shoots way too many three's and he shies away from rebounds.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know much about their roster minus Westbrook and George. When it was Westbrook and Durant, they more than competed. So competitive? Sure! Better than the Warriors? Eh.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Carmelo to Oklahoma City for Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott.

Knicks really wanted him out of there.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a big OKC fan, but it's tough for me to think that Melo is just going to pad things and become the backup that Westbrook really needs...he's just far enough in his career that I'm meh. I hope that he proves me wrong.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know how the top three will shake out, but their number four scorer will average 7.0 ppg.