• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Buying a PS3

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I'm most likely busing a Play Station 3 around Christmas time. I already have a 360, but I want to give this console a chance. Any suggestions on games and such. I'm mostly interested in sporting games, but I'm open to suggestions for any type of games.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
The only sport game i play, or will be playing is Gran Turismo 5, but you should definitely get:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Metal gear solid 4
God of war 3

Im not sure if you are into RPGs?

If so Valkyria chronicles and Demon souls are a great bet.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not a huge fan of RPG's to be honest with you Maik. I've heard great things about the games you listed. If I could only afford two games at the moment, which one should I go with?

Also do you know if there's anymore interesting racing games for the PS3?

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well you have wipeout Fury over the PSN and modnation racers, which is a kart game, kinda like Little big planet.

If you can only afford 2 games now... uncharted 1 and 2 =p Uncharted 2 has multiplayer, which will last you for some time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Good move. If Jesus played video games, this is the system he would buy. Haha.

I'm with Maik on this one, get Uncharted 1 & 2. They are must haves. You won't be disappointed.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can you explain to me what type of games they are. I'm not a huge gaming fan, but I do enjoy trying out new games. I don't really read up on games either, and who better to ask then the GF members. What older games could you compare it too?

careless_monkey

Registered Member
Uncharted 2, inFamous 2, MGS4etc. But the one that I'll really recommend and which is also a battleship of a title for Sony is: GT5!! and it comes out before xmas! :)

BigBob

Registered Member
NHL 11. That's if you like team-play type games. NCAA and MAG would be next.