Buyers or Sellers '08

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a thread for people to state whether they think their team will be a buyer, or a seller come the trade deadline. Of course, you need to factor in whether or not you think your team should make a playoff run, or if you feel they should rebuild, whether it be a lot or a little either way. Also, list what players you think your team should either look to trade for, or what players you think your team should trade.

My team are the Canadiens and they're buyers this season. Here's a few players that we should get.

Hossa: Montreal need another scorer and this guy would defenitly help the Canadiens, I believe that he would fit it on our system, he's a fast player and he's a scorer, which we need.

Prospal: This guy has proven to be a leader and a capable scorer. Grant it that he's been playing with Lecavalier during the last few seasons but I believe that he would help our team in a lot of different ways. He would be a welcome addition to our team, and would be cheaper then Hossa.

The thing about the two players that I mentioned especially Hossa is that they play in the same conference, and the Thrashers are still in contention, so I don't know if they would be willing to trade him to the Canadiens.

There's a few other players that i'd like to add, but I'll wait for a few responces.

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

My team is the NY Rangers.

Marek Malik-he's taken tons of bad penalties, is slow, and is afraid to hit despite his size. he's gotta go.

we need a solid blueliner who can score but isn't afraid to get dirty when need be

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Malik will stay longer than Jagr will. Jagr who had 219 points in 164 games played during 2005-07 has taken a dive this season, only 40 points in 47 games played. He's reached the end of his "long term" contract stage of his career, I wont be surprised to see him start bouncing around the league with 1 and 2 year contracts here and there.

4. Babe_Ruth

I'm really hoping that the Canadiens get Jagr, I know it's never going to happen because both are in a playoff race and theyt both play in the same conference, but I believe he would be a great addition to the team, and I don't think he's done, he just needs a new team to play for in my opinion.

I'm afraid that the Canadiens won't be able to get anyone worth talking come trade deadline because a lot of players don't want to play for the Canadiens because they believe there's to much pressure to play there.

So we'll see what happens come trade deadline.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Jagr won't be traded as the Rangers put an option in his contract. Basically he needs 82 points or a first round win to finish the full contract, otherwise he's being cut loose.

Malik is also overpayed...he's getting 2 million for shotty work.

6. Babe_Ruth

I believe your wrong when you say that Jagr won't get traded, I believe the Rangers will trade Jagr for some young players and a proven player. I think the Rangers got what they wanted from Jagr, but its time for them to say goodbye and have him on his way. A lot of teams will be calling for his services, and I believe Sather will pull the trigger on a deal, especially that Jagr hasn't played like he's capable of doing this season.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

but trading a captain; bad or good; results in bad PR for the team and enough of us here want Sather fired as it is due to past screw ups. i think sather will show jagr respect and let him finish out the contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.