• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Buy or Sell: Matt Morgan as TNA Champion in 2011

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm hoping to do some of Biz's awesome Buy or Sell ideas myself, but I'll be doing them TNA-style.

The first is an interesting thought, to me. Buy or Sell: Will Matt Morgan be TNA World Heavyweight Champion in 2011?

It's an interesting thought:

On one hand, he's been getting better and better each year...love him or hate him personality wise, the guy can cut a mean promo and is awesome in the ring. Brings a ton of agility for someone so tall. He's been pushed by TNA and has gotten title shots lately.

On the other hand, TNA has a lot of more popular guys in the title picture now: Jeff hardy, Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, etc. Hell, I could even see Matt Hardy getting a title shot this year...TNA is the place for him to get into the main event (like it was for Christian back in the day). Matt Morgan might have trouble getting to the top of the ladder with all of these guys on other rungs.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I'm gonna have to sell for the same reason you already mentioned. Just because of the sheer amount of people that seem to get more over with the fans than he does. Though personally I would love to seem him win the TNA World HVT Crayola belt this year.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm going to Buy.

This last year has been phenomenal for Matt, and he's definitely ready and at that level. I just think the opportunity is going to present itself at some point. He's a main eventer and deserves that nod, and I think the company needs to give him that nod soon to keep him interested in staying.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I buy, due to his awesome promos and he can really bring the intensity to the ring unlike Anderson, and RVD. Plus he will also be a fresh champion that actually went through the ranks of TNA instead of jumping ship to TNA and becoming a champion within 3 months. Well he sort of jumped ship, but he has never won the title within his 3 years in TNA, he actually worked his way up unlike Hardy, Anderson, and RVD. I think that if he becomes a Champion the fans will look at him and recognize him that this is a guy that busted his ass in TNA and that he is not a "hand me down" champion. I think that he is the real deal, and if he gets used correctly he could become a great face for TNA along with AJ Styles.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I buy, due to his awesome promos and he can really bring the intensity to the ring unlike Anderson, and RVD. Plus he will also be a fresh champion that actually went through the ranks of TNA instead of jumping ship to TNA and becoming a champion within 3 months. Well he sort of jumped ship, but he has never won the title within his 3 years in TNA, he actually worked his way up unlike Hardy, Anderson, and RVD. I think that if he becomes a Champion the fans will look at him and recognize him that this is a guy that busted his ass in TNA and that he is not a "hand me down" champion. I think that he is the real deal, and if he gets used correctly he could become a great face for TNA along with AJ Styles.
I beg to differ. AJ is on a different level. And to be on his level would be to elevate is game 100,000-fold. All I see Matt Morgan as now is a Batista-type character. Yes, that may warrant a title reign, but not this year. He is still green. He should be given a title, but not necessarily the TNA Championship.

Who said hand-me-down champs are bad? They make money for the company, and that is not bad at all. I actually prefer it. Without the hand-me-downs, we would be having Kaz or AJ or Kurt or JJ as champ.... again....

It freshens things up.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Buy it.

Matt Morgan is past "green stage" IMO. He's been in the business for a long time and I think he deserves a run as the TNA Champion. I think it's going to happen at some point this year.