• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Buy or Sell: Christian as World Champion 2011?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Before he got injured, Christian was heading in a pretty heated feud with the guy who won the Royal Rumble, Alberto Del Rio. Maybe the WWE wanted to give Christian the push instead Del Rio, but unfortunately Captain Charisma got injured.

Would you like to see Christian as champ in 2011? Why or why not, and if you are up for him winning, how should he win? Also, do you think the WWE is giving this prospect any thought?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Buy. I'm buying because Christian is already a former world champ (even if it's in another company) and has the credibility and experience to main event. Not to mention the off-the-charts personality and solid in-ring talent.

Despite that feud with Del Rio, I think that Alberto is who the WWE has wanted all along.

I'd love to see him as champ in 2011. He deserves it. He's paid his dues in the WWE a thousand times over.

I'd like to see it done vs. Del Rio. Del Rio injured him, and has a good chance of becoming champion at WM. Christian could come back with a new-found intensity and kick the crap out of Alberto. However, I think that seeing him win the title as a heel is much more believable. Maybe it would have to happen after Del Rio is done with the belt, or through use of a Money in the Bank briefcase.

Do I think that the WWE will do it? Probably not. They treat Christian like dirt, plain and simple. It doesn't matter how over he is with the fans.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I buy that he should be a World Champion in 2011 but I sell that he will be a World Champion in 2011.

Until he's given a legit main event push on WWE I'll believe it when I see it. But come on, he deserves a run as the champ.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
As much as it pains me, I'm gonna have to sell it. The WWE has never given him a main event push before, and I highly doubt they'll give him one after coming off of surgery.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
SELL. Big time. WWE has always kept him from the big time since returning from TNA for that very reason. He was in TNA.

Honestly, if he ever becomes champ, he needs to feud with Edge. Edge wanted to feud with Christian one more time before he leaves, so it is bound to happen to some extent. Maybe Del Rio takes the title, feuds with Edge more and he takes in back in July and Christian goes nuts and gets a title shot...

It is extremely hard to tell, but I am selling 100%.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Christian with a top title, no. I can't get enthused and don't see it happening, unless, as KSF mentions, it's tied to an E&C feud or reunion of some kind. "Captain Charisma" is kind of a tongue in cheek label, in my view. He's not very fearsome, let's be honest. In real life, I'm not sure Reso could beat up David Arquette. And with Edge talking retirement, the clock is running out for WWE to capitalize on a return of their Attitude chemistry. With no Hardys, no Team 3D and no DX, I want to see these two guys in a program, pronto!

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Christian with a top title, no. I can't get enthused and don't see it happening, unless, as KSF mentions, it's tied to an E&C feud or reunion of some kind. "Captain Charisma" is kind of a tongue in cheek label, in my view. He's not very fearsome, let's be honest. In real life, I'm not sure Reso could beat up David Arquette. And with Edge talking retirement, the clock is running out for WWE to capitalize on a return of their Attitude chemistry. With no Hardys, no Team 3D and no DX, I want to see these two guys in a program, pronto!
Well them and Rated RKO, but that is another complete discussion. They should build up another major name tag team to fill the possible void.

Drew/Sheamus anyone?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I would love to see Christian as a world champion but I am going to have to sell. There is no way I can see him getting a remote shot in 2011. What KSpice said, I doubt they will make him a champion due to the stint that he had in TNA. Also when he returns, he will be coming back from a surgery and probably will work a lighter schedule for a while.