PC Games Buy and play F.E.A.R.

compudoc

Registered Member
Oh my god.. if you havent played FEAR get it.. it is so incredibly awesome. Screen shots in no way do this game justice. The animation and realistic feel of the game are incredibe and the story is solid. Haven't been this excited over an FPS since playing Far Cry.

Anyone else playing this?

Wrecked

Registered Member
before you get it make sure your computer is up to par.

if i remember correctly, this game needs 1 gig of ram minimum.

my computer could play CoD2 just fine [ with a little slow down when there's tons of smoke and soldiers on screen ], and it didn't have that hard of a time playing Half Life 2, but it barely could play FEAR. the frames were just horrible. but i hear it's a good game.

dk_rare

Registered Member
The number 1 (and 2) complaints I have heard about this game is that it isn't really scary (they say that the girl is actually quite lame) and it has endless office environments.

But I LOVE office environments and little girls are ALWAYS scary, at least to me.

ltk9492

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
before you get it make sure your computer is up to par.

if i remember correctly, this game needs 1 gig of ram minimum.

my computer could play CoD2 just fine [ with a little slow down when there's tons of smoke and soldiers on screen ], and it didn't have that hard of a time playing Half Life 2, but it barely could play FEAR. the frames were just horrible. but i hear it's a good game.
It is an awesome game, played at my cousins house, he's got alienware. My pc can't handle it, i tried to download the demo. (www.download.com)
This game isn't scary, I don't know if it was supposed to be, but it was fun. The multiplayer online is so cool, lots of people.try it for yourselves, go to download.com and search for FEAR. Multiplayer and singleplayer demos.

compudoc

Registered Member
I have 3 machines on my network. All play this game well. The machine with the least specs is Athlon 1800+ (1.5ghz) 512mb Ram FIC AN11 MB and Radeon 9700 Pro XP SP2. That system runs the game with medium settings and only occasional lag IF other items are running in system tray. If you are trying the old demo the engine is updated now.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to download the demo right now and check it out. It sounds like it will be worth a try. :D

662.2 MB file... :-o Guess it could take longer than I thought..

Wrecked

Registered Member
compudoc said:
If you are trying the old demo the engine is updated now.
yeah i was trying the first demo that was released and if i was in a fire fight, the frames would goto hell. and i'm running a pent 4 [ 2ghz ] w/ 512 ram and a geforce4 5500.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure what vertion I am trying, is the one on download.com the new one? Anyway, I must have jumped on a slow server, because I'm now at 33% and it's been going for a while now... and of course I am on broadband. :) (Before anybody bothers asking!)