• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Buy a Republican!

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Sure you and I know that there aren't "teams" but that's a reason I dislike the mainstream media so much be it FOX, CNN, or MSNBC, they all continue to perpetuate the two party setup even though more than ever, people should be cooperating to prevent shit like this from happening. However, many Americans remain joyful in their bliss and wouldn't have it any other way because their way is easier as it requires less thinking. They watch political commentary like they do the weather, they just want to know who to hate, love and argue about that week.
I still retain hope, it would seem there are plenty of people who are fed up with the status quo, as evidenced by the tea party movement. While I don't think that you and I agree on this one at least there are some, maybe even many, that are going beyond appearances and party politics. Hopefully that bodes well for all of us. It would seem our only chance at this point.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I think one large problem with government and politicians from ANY country I know of is the fact the common person who may have all the right intentions and will to see his/her country is finally free of agenda ridden politicians has no chance. These politicians pay so much money and receive so much money from "special interest" groups and lobbyist (it is illegal in all countries I know of, but please do not try to say it does not happen) there will never be people who do what is right, only what is right for them and their agenda. Yes, some MAY do some right things, but agenda will always trump right weather Republican, Democrat, Tea Party, Reform Party.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Sure you and I know that there aren't "teams" but that's a reason I dislike the mainstream media so much be it FOX, CNN, or MSNBC, they all continue to perpetuate the two party setup even though more than ever, people should be cooperating to prevent shit like this from happening. However, many Americans remain joyful in their bliss and wouldn't have it any other way because their way is easier as it requires less thinking. They watch political commentary like they do the weather, they just want to know who to hate, love and argue about that week.
You my friend just spoke the word of a Tea Partier :nod:

Join the club.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I wish to warn Americans in their coming elections to be careful of this so called "Tea Party". A very similar thing happened in Estonia in the early 2000's I think it was where the major parties broke into what is called the "Reform Party" in the same manner as the USA's Tea Party. After elections these so called Reformers who promised hope of change from the agenda ridden other parties did nothing but break every promise and what it stood for. In the end it was just other party leaders disguised under the mask of the Reform Party, it was and is nothing but a political strategy.

Just be careful these Tea Party candidates are who they say they are...

Wade8813

Registered Member
I agree - this seems like it should be illegal.

But I'd like to point out, it was a Republican who called him on it (Largent); and he could have been handing out the bribes to people on either side of the aisle.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I wish to warn Americans in their coming elections to be careful of this so called "Tea Party". A very similar thing happened in Estonia in the early 2000's I think it was where the major parties broke into what is called the "Reform Party" in the same manner as the USA's Tea Party. After elections these so called Reformers who promised hope of change from the agenda ridden other parties did nothing but break every promise and what it stood for. In the end it was just other party leaders disguised under the mask of the Reform Party, it was and is nothing but a political strategy.

Just be careful these Tea Party candidates are who they say they are...
Oh, I agree with you. This happens all the time though. We just elected a president almost two years ago and this happened.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member