Butterfly Dagger - Elma June 8th, 2006

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Sephiroth_Masamune, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephiroth_Masamune

Sephiroth_Masamune l 7SIN Sasori l

[​IMG]

Ahh, this one. I used to have some trouble with this card back in the day before rulings and what-not. What can be said.

It is an equip that adds 300 attack. By no means a HUGE advantage. That's not the part that is the greatness. It's the returning of the card to your hand after it is destroyed.

Gearfried the Iron Knight does wonders in combo with this card. In the current Metagame, Elma might do a hell of a lot of damage if used with the right cards. I beleive a deck should be built around this card to be used right. If not, it's a waste of time.

Traditional 2.5/5
    Tradtional (Deck for Elma) 4/5
    Advanced *Banned*

2. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

The only thing that my fellow card review member left out are the cards that can be combined with it. All of them need Gearfried the Iron Knight to work. Royal Magical Libray combined with the dagger and the Knight will give you and endless draw. Spell Absorption trough into the combo will give you infinite life points. Woodland Sprite put into the combo can burn your opponents life points away in one toss (which was an untrue ruling that soundly got corrected). These 3 (if counting the Sprite) cards gave the dagger a one way banned.

Traditional: 5/5 (if you can work either or all perfectly)
    Advanced: Banned

3. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

Bazoo and Kycoo were not about unclear rules. The effect was translated poorly and as such were later errata'ed to correct the problem. Woodland Sprite and the Butterfly Dagger never suffered from poor wording.

Any one that can read can clearly see that Woodland Sprite doesn't destroy the equip card. Now lets look at Archfiend of Gilfer's text.

Archfiend of Gilfer is treated as an equip spell and needs only to be sent to the grave from hand or field or even deck to grave.

Gilfer was a legal target for the effect of Woodland Sprite until...

4. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

I understand what you are saying. How ever there were poor judge rulings and back in the days the judges let it go. It wasn't until about 6 months after that they wised up. 6 months happen to be an entire format. Trust me I'm in agreemeant with you so please leave it as it is.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Kos is correct that it was in fact an illegal move based on card text and Lavoid is right that it was overlooked by most judges. Let's try to keep reviews in the future to legal combos not combos that were overlooked by judges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.