• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Butter in your coffee

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Ketchup on Ice Cream.

If you are an Ice Cream lover, I highly recommend you try this.
If you hate ketchup [strike]and life and puppies[/strike], and/or ice cream then you probably won't like it, so don't bother.

Let me know how it goes. :)

- Chameleon
I see what you're doing, but your comparison is still lacking. Granted, I am not going to put ketch up on my Neopalitana ice cream, but I would not be opposed to trying a savory tomato ice cream flavor.

But seriously Cham, I get it. You don't want to try butter in your coffee. Please don't. You'll hate it, if for no other reason than your preconceived negative notion toward the mere thought.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Actually, my preconceived expectation for putting butter in my coffee would be slightly oily coffee, to which I'd have no strong aversion. But it is much more fun to take an extreme stance. :p

- Chameleon

P.S. Savory tomato ice-cream? Really? Now who's pulling who's leg? Mind you, some folks like their savory flavored gelato and such, so I guess it's not that far of a stretch. If you want a real kick-ass flavor combo though, might I suggest honey on chocolate ice-cream. Now that is heavenly (especially with a smooth dark chocolate ice-cream).

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honey on chocolate ice cream. I love both of them but I think I would be ruining two great tasting foods if I did that but I'm not beyond trying it to see for myself if I like it.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Well, you're not wrong about it just being like a oily coffee, I'll give you that. Did I mention the importance of high speed blending? Lol

I'm not kidding about the savoury ice cream at all. A quick google search reveals that savoury ice cream flavors is almost as big a trend as bullet-proof coffee. ;) I just saw mention of a "chorizo caramel swirl". Sounds really bizarre, but caramel can sometimes go well with salty flavours. I'd love to try that too. And again, not pulling your leg here.

I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to food. If I wasn't, I probably never would have found my most favouritest meal, chili chocolate fillet (dark chocolate, fyi).

Last edited:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Salty caramel flavors are often reminiscent of Candy-Corn, an old Carnival favorite of many (I'm more of a cotton candy person myself). And chili is traditionally added to chocolate in many cultures. I for one prefer my spicy foods and my sweet foods to not fraternize as a general rule.

- Chameleon

Triple blend milkshake flavors to try:
>Blackberry+Marshmallow+Rum&Butter
(or if the seeds bother you)
>Blueberry+Marshmallow+Rum&Butter

Both of these blends are the product of a lot of experimentation. They are uniquely wonderful.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I ran out of milk this morning so I tried butter in my coffee and it is really good. It doesn't stay mixed well is my only complaint about it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't like anything in my coffee. No sugar, no creamer, no nothing.

So the thought of butter in my coffee makes me gag

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its not as bad as you might think. Heck of a lot better than that non dairy creamer. That stuff is truly gross.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'll put honey on chocolate ice-cream up against butter in coffee any day. :D
- Cham
I think it's pretty clear you would not try or like butter in your coffee, Cham. :rolleyes:

Hi, I know what you mean. It helps to blend it with a handheld little blender. I don't have one, so literally blend it in smoothie blender. It smooths it equally. Glad you tried it though. Points for adventurism. ;)