• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Butter in your coffee

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love coffee, I put a little milk and sugar in it but I have never heard of putting butter in it. I don't know if I would like it, guess it wouldn't kill me to try it. If I didn't like it I could always pour it out.

Have you or would you try putting butter in your coffee?

Why People Are Putting Butter In Their Coffee

dDave

V.I.P.
Not gonna lie, that sounds gross.

I'm not a coffee drinker in any respect but it just seems like adding things such as milk and sugar are far preferable to butter, it's also not nearly as bad for you. Butter is basically pure cream.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee right now and I didn't put butter in it. I have a feeling that wouldn't be for me. Not that I don't like butter on things like bread or baked potato. I'm like you I think it would be gross in my coffee.

I don't see how Dave Asprey lost 80 pounds doing that. He also claims it helps decrease the crash. Which he claims cheap coffee and butter won't cut it, guess he wants people to buy his, think I will pass.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm going to try this right now, actually. Everything about it makes sense. I'm all about the high fat intake myself. And yeah, I've lost a good chunk of weight since starting it. It's not only the coffee that made the guy lose 80 lbs, obviously. It's been proven to work. I don't understand why people are so skeptical about it.

Edit: drinking a cup right now, and it's delicious.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for trying it first Idi. I think I might do the same after while, too late now. I love butter but it just seems strange putting it in my coffee.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Since I saw this thread the first time, I decided to do more research into this trend. And that's how I come to find the best thing since sliced bread. Bulletproof-coffee. Honestly, I would recommend anyone and everyone to at least try this. Admittedly, it was an easy transition for me since I already follow the low carb high fat eating style, but still, this coffee is off the hook.

For those who haven't heard about it, it's coffee (high quality beans is essential), butter (unsalted grass-fed) and coconut oil (again, high quality is recommended). It's the smoothest, creamiest coffee you can imagine, and a great energy booster that last all day long, without the jitters.

Try it people. Trust me on this one.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I don't have to try cockroaches in my spaghetti to know I wouldn't like it. This idea falls into much the same category. :)

- Chameleon

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll try butter in my coffee long before I'll try cockroaches in my spaghetti. Butter I may or may not like but cockroaches is just gross.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I don't have to try cockroaches in my spaghetti to know I wouldn't like it. This idea falls into much the same category. :)

- Chameleon
That's the most ridiculous attempt at a comparison ever. :lol:

Let me rephrase my recommendation.

If you are a coffee lover, I highly recommend you try this.
If you hate coffee [strike]and life and puppies[/strike] and/or butter and/or coconut oil, you probably won't like it, so don't bother.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
That's the most ridiculous attempt at a comparison ever. :lol:

Let me rephrase my recommendation.

If you are a coffee lover, I highly recommend you try this.
If you hate coffee [strike]and life and puppies[/strike] and/or butter and/or coconut oil, you probably won't like it, so don't bother.
Ketchup on Ice Cream.

If you are an Ice Cream lover, I highly recommend you try this.
If you hate ketchup [strike]and life and puppies[/strike], and/or ice cream then you probably won't like it, so don't bother.

Let me know how it goes. :)

- Chameleon