Butter Balls

Dabs

Registered Member
I watched a show on Tv, and it was showing how a lady in the New England states had invented a new snack for the county fair........called Butter Balls.
Basically, she takes a wad of dough, or a crescent roll, and puts a large dab of butter in the center and wraps the dough tightly around the butter, sealing it in.
Then she deep fries it~
Oh my, the cholesterol level just shot up thinking about it ~LoL~
Anyone think they could try that??

Last edited by a moderator:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
That actually sounds pretty good to me. I'd have a try of that.

If my heart and veins can take a deep fried mars bar, I think they can handle that. :)

Dabs

Registered Member
I have never heard of a deep fried Mars bar ~LoL~
Wow, they keep coming out with more and more "new" foods!
The lady who created these butter balls, broke one open to show the Tv viewers, and it was filled with melted butter and it oozed out everywhere.
I probably would try it too.....I like butter......and I like mayonnaise, a little too much :-/

I don't think I'll be trying one. It sounds like the most gruesome thing in the world. I'm not a massive butter fan either. Especially globules of it like these things seem to contain... New food is right. I've never had a deep fried mars bar, I can't imagine it being that good, it'd be like eating crispy, greasy syrup surely. --- I should be more adventurous :S

Dabs

Registered Member
HalfEaten......I believe this lady who made the Butter Balls is in Maine~
Being more adventurous with food, for me anyway.....would be asking me to eat a grub worm or a snail....*blech*
No way!

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I once thought that deep fried mars bars would be disgusting, until I tried one.

It actually tastes very nice, everything on the inside is melted and there is a lovely crispy outside.

They do get sickly though, and everytime you take a bite I swear one year gets taken away from your life lol.

I once thought that deep fried mars bars would be disgusting, until I tried one.

It actually tastes very nice, everything on the inside is melted and there is a lovely crispy outside.

They do get sickly though, and everytime you take a bite I swear one year gets taken away from your life lol.
And people say that smoking is bad for you.