Bush's War Without End

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Truth-Bringer, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Bush's War Without End

Robert Parry: "Let it be noted that the morning after George W. Bush announced an open-ended - possibly permanent - military occupation of Iraq the premier U.S. newspapers ran headlines about the President ordering 'troop cuts,' itself a troubling reminder of how the American people got into this mess."

Article link

2. Lone Eagle

Lone Eagle Registered Member

Yeah I agree that as long as Bush is in office or his chosen followers like Rudy Giuliani that the US will always have a military force in Iraq. Troop reductions won't happen because I honestly feel that George Bush won't leave because he says quite often that Jesus is telling him he's right....lot's of people in nuthouses that believe Jesus told them to drop their infant child off of a roof as well. The worst president of all times bar none.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

It's not a football game, there is no clock. We fight til we win.

I’m sure he meant the war that congress overwhelmingly voted for... both sides of the isle

There are troop cuts because we are winning. We are able to draw down in some areas and hand the responsibility over to the Iraqi military. That's why we're coming home... not because we're losing. Sorry to burst your bubble.

4. Lone Eagle

Have you ever thought about joining the military and fighting in Iraq? Seriously and not baiting you. If it's something you feel so strongly for perhaps you should join and stand for what you believe in. They'd love to have you. :yes:

5. Well, if he isn't over their fighting while he supports others dying for it, then he's a hypocrite.

6. Lone Eagle

No honestly I give him credit. He takes an unpopular and untrendy stance to poltics and backs them up. While you might not agree with him on some things he definitely is someone who doesn't just regurgitate popular opinion and he does his homework.

7. tipsycatlover

tipsycatlover Registered Member

So no one but military can have an opinion on the war one way or another. Why do you have an opinion then? You are as hypocritical as anyone you accuse. There are many in the military who say "We're here on the ground. We see what works and what doesn't." According to your definition, they are not hypocrites, those who oppose the war just don't know what they're talking about. Either one is a hypocrite on one hand, or an ignoramus on the other.

Before you get all excited about my being a hypocrite be aware. I say bring the troops home immediately. Iraq needs to be left to whatever bloody fate awaits it. I don't expect the resulting loss of life, including innocent life to impact liberals over their lattes. It will result in massive fighting which may just spill over to infect the whole of the middle east. That would be a good thing. When muslims start killing each other off, that's less we have to face in the inevitable day. Bring the troops home how. It will make for excellent CNN.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I would have, and I was singed up for it right after high school. I was supposed to go to boot camp in September of 02, but then I had my car accident that summer. It fucked my legs up really bad. I'm lucky to be walking, let alone joining the military. I tried again in 04 after I healed and they say they can't take me because of the all the metal implants I have in my legs.