Bushmaster ACR

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've yet to hear a convincing argument to sway me, but I've still never heard a decent argument as to why people would need these sorts of guns. I mean, you wouldn't carry 'em with you obviously, so then they'd be for sport. So why not keep them at a gun club? I can see owning a pistol, rifle, or shotgun but I guess I never saw the need for people to have anything beyond a civilian level.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I've yet to hear a convincing argument to sway me, but I've still never heard a decent argument as to why people would need these sorts of guns. I mean, you wouldn't carry 'em with you obviously, so then they'd be for sport. So why not keep them at a gun club? I can see owning a pistol, rifle, or shotgun but I guess I never saw the need for people to have anything beyond a civilian level.
To me, the "need" arguement falls flat. The same could be said about many things. For example, do people really "need" a SUV, a cell phone with 32 gigs of memory, an automatic bread maker?

I prefer to keep my stuff with me, not stored where it is not accessable. I would say that a responsible gun owner should keep their guns in a locked gun cabinet or safe.

FYI the civilian model is different from the military & police models in that it only fires in a semi-automatic mode (one round fired per trigger pull). Military & police can fire a 3 round burst and in fully automatic mode. This gun can be used for sport or hunting, and is just cool as hell (if you like guns like I do). I would like to get one when they become available, but they cost almost twice as much as the average M16/AR15.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
If or when the shit hits the fan I want the most reliable effective weapon to defend myself and my family. A 30 round M4 is just that. Also the founders intent of the 2A was so the citizens could not only bear arms, but that they could also have equivalent weapons (of the common foot solider) to fight of a tyrannical government. If anything the citizens should own full auto M4's and not semi-auto M4's. What good is an inferior weapon if the shit hits the fan?

Also you CAN carry them... The reason you "can't" is because of public taboo. If I wanted to walk down Main St. today with my M4 loaded on my back, it would be 100% legal... at least in PA. The same holds true for most states. Obviously I don't do it, but I could and have in the past.

And lastly, I don't need a reason to own one. I can, so I do. Simple as that. I don't see why people need a 37' flat screen TV when you can watch the same TV on a 15'. I mean I guess you could own one, but you can't keep it at your house, and you have to go to a special club to watch it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
That's the gun from GRAW, right? I remember that.

Edit: Oh wait. Nope. Not a gun from GRAW. I guess all guns look the same to me?

Edit2: But it was in GRAW2... so I was almost kinda right.

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
ACR is a nice piece of kit. Only (I believe) a 12in barrel, which isn't effective at range, my only problem.

I have no problem with people owning military grade fire arms. People have cars don't they? More people are killed by cars than ever will be by (civilian) use of guns. So are cigarretes. People attempt to commit suicide every time they light one up, but nothing is stopping them. To out law firearms for "public safety" means outlawing cars, cigarretes, trains, and just about a whole lotta stuff.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Even if it is realeased to the public.... California wont allow it. So I wont get my hopes up.

Regardless...I've got some other firearms I'm saving up for and I dont think annother .223 is important enough to be on that list.