Bush on the Economy

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Unity, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

Basically, at the exact same time that the chair of the Fed was speaking before Congress, President Bush spoke to the press. Both spoke on the economy. Bush basically stated that things are fine and that the market will take care of everything (he even said that high gas prices are a positive because we're driving less!). Bernake (sorry for the spelling) was a little more realistic.

Thoughts? Do you agree with the Pres or the chair? Both? Neither?

viLky likes this.

2. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

i disagree that the high gas prices are good, sure we are driving less and causing less polution, but the fact that when we do drive we have to pay upwords of $4 a gallon outweighs that

viLky likes this.
  3. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

I was watching the Glenn Beck program yesterday and he said that the government messes up the equations for the rate of inflation and he said that the rate of inflation is actually about double what the government tells us. I think that Bush said it was 1.1%, but really it is around 2% so if you go by that number then the economy is going down not up.

viLky likes this.
  4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

His attack on the Democratic Congress was cheap and sleazy. The economy didn't just suddenly nosedive because Democrats showed up in 2007, it was a long process started during a Republican-dominated federal government.

A little humbleness and accountability from the man in charge would have been nice.

viLky likes this.
  5. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Nothing to see here folks. The market has it handled. Invisible hand, free market, capitalism, invest and buy buy buy. Now go back about your business.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I for one, do not see our economy as in good shape, perhaps if our dollar were worth more that wouldn't be the case.