• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bush danced at Dallas memorial

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Former President Bush joined Obama at the Dallas memorial for the Police who were killed and... danced.

Wtf? It was a memorial, not a celebration!
Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
WTF! That is so goddamned embarrassing. Did he not understand the nature of the event?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Laura looks so embarrassed by him in the picture. The expression on his face is priceless, too. So innocent and stupid.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Obama and Bush were way over the top.
So maybe Obama should have stayed in Poland or visited Iraq.
He could give lectures about how ethnic disparity is harmful to terrorists, right?
Btw, who did Obama think the memorial was for? The shooter?
Somebody should have brought eggs for his speech...

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Meh, while silly, I don't care. It was the Battle Hymn of the Republic, he got a little carried away. Obama's speech was much more embarrassing than anything else.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't have any problems whatsoever with either Bush's "dance" or Obama's speech.

Bush may have looked incredibly goofy and out of place, but it was funny. If you read into it anymore than that, then you probably need to lighten up a bit.

I watched Obama's entire speech, and while he may have said a couple things that left me scratching my head (such as kids having better access to guns than computers and books or whatever it was), the overall message was strong and sincere. Don't lose sight of the forest for the trees.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obama's speech was tad too long, but it'll be cut up into snippets for replay. And parts of it were tremendous.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Lighten up a bit?
So, how much should people lighten up for a funeral?
Maybe tons of balloons, jokes, noise makers and vodka?
They represent the USA and they looked like clowns.
And that video's out there for anybody in any country to see, btw. It's not restricted to the USA. 2 words - Weak sauce.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Eh. it's politics. The older that I get, the more that I try to focus on policy ideas and not on every little gaffe. They happen. I hated Bush as a President mostly, but something like this isn't worth dwelling on. Some people just aren't great in social situations lol. The problem I have is that if Obama had done something like this, people would pick it apart. They do if he sneezes at the wrong time haha. Far too many in the States create their own narrative of a person in power long before they do anything, and then observe situations to fulfill that.