Burning yourself cooking?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Mirage, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't do this very often but tonight while making some dinner I burned one of my fingers on a sandwich maker. It's very annoying. :(

Nothing major but yeah, I hate it when this happens.

So, have you ever done it? Maybe your story will be better than mine. At least I can still type. :lol:

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I burnt myself yesterday, mum was grilling sausages, and I was in the kitchen slicing the apple, and the oil kinda jumped and hit me on the neck, it's sore now. :(

3. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I burnt myself a few years ago with oil. Hurt really bad and blistered, But it didnt scar thank god !!

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate it when you are deep frying something and the oil splashes up on you, it hurts :(

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever burnt myself in the kitchen. Then again I'm never in there very long unless I'm actually eating lol, I can't cook...

..and I don't think its possible to burn yourself on a microwave. :lol:

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I used to burn myself all the time when i used to work at taco hell and have many scars to prove it.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

It's not that hard, I didn't burn myself using the same sandwich maker. :rolleyes:

haha :lol:

But really I can't remember one time when I actually burned myself while cooking, I'm usually pretty careful about it because I've burnt myself on other things like sharp hot dog sticks (the kind you put over a camp fire), stoves (after somebody else cooked something).

8. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I have burnt my self on occasion,the worst one was a few years ago,i was getting something out of the oven,but was not paying enough attention to what i was doing and reached in a little to far,touching the top of my forearm on the top of the oven.

Within less than a minute i had a long blister that stung like mad,luckily it did not leave a scar on my arm,but did leave one on my mind making me a little less impataint when getting things out of the oven.

9. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I used to work in Burger King, and one day, I was lifting a basket out on the fryers when the handle broke and fellback in, splashing oil all over my stomach. Luckily it didn't leave a scar, but it blistered and burnt for ages. Yes, I did sue, by the way.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I burnt myself at least three or four times, I hate it because it hurts a lot for a very long time, then sometimes if it's really serious it will leave a scar, which isnt all that fun.