Burning Building

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright lets say you were in a burning building, and you knew there was a lot of people in the building, what would you do? Would try to save others as you go out the building, or you'd just care about yourself only and get out of there as soon as you can.

Be honest.

Here's what I am talking about pretty much.

YouTube - Seinfeld clip George fire

Xeilo likes this.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would try and save as many people as I can, but that's me. I can see how so people will just run out without trying to help others, it is most likely because they are scared and don't think at the time.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Most people panic and only think about their own safety. I would try to remain calm, assess the situation, and try to help as many people as I can, yet at the same time looking out for myself.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Agreed, being in a panic over a situation like this will not help anyone. If there is a large stampede there are bound to be injured people. Remain as calm as possible and do your best to get whoever out to safety while watching out for yourself at the same time. It's the best way possible, at least I believe so.

~Shwa

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd focus on family first. As we progress out of the building I may hold my ground towards the entry/exits to make sure people are keeping semi-sane. But Im not going to wait for every single person.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

As most people would do, I would obviously panic, my mind would be all over the place and I'd forget about the people around me and I'd of course bring myself to safety, but then again I would try to lead out as many people as possible out of the building.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I would run out and save myself because:

I can't stand ya!

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Just wanted to tell you guys a small story. One of my old music teachers in seventh grade was in a similar situation like this. His house started to go in flames while him and his family were sleeping. He started to smell smoke, so instead of trying to save his family he went straight for his Beatles vinyl records. Now that's a sad story if you ask me.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I just wondering in what sort of panic where the Victorian Bushfire victims in when the fire caught their house, some also battled through fire to go save their neighbours.

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I reckon I would try and save people as I went out the building. I don't think I would be able to live with myself if people died (and I lived) and I didn't try and help at least one person.