Burned! Washington state woman shot by stove

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

22 gauge?

Do you mean 12 gauge? Or 20 gauge? There is no 22 gauge that I am aware of. Either thats a typo or a gauge that I have never heard of.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

That doesn't make any sense.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

????

I think her husband shot her and in order not to get him into trouble she made up this story about "the stove did it". I guess this puts a new spin on Clue. :\

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Come on pro2A. Of all the people who have to tell you this its me:lol:

A .22 shotgun is a smooth bore that fires rat-shot. They are realy inacurate and only good at a few yards. They're popular on farms for vermin control.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  6. pro2A

Well the report is incorrect calling it a 22 gauge. I'm aware of a .22 "shotgun", its a very uncommon caliber in a shotgun. That same .22 rimfire round could be shot from a regular rifle too. A .410 is the smallest shotgun gauge.

Technically speaking any caliber can be fitted with buckshot, but the gun that it gets shot from is not a shotgun. Nor is the caliber called a gauge. I've seen buckshot in the 9mm, .45, .40... but I would hardly call them gauges. There is a big difference between the two. I would hardly call you a gun expert because you did a 2 minute search for guns on Google, so don't get so full of yourself.

You may have noted from the link you provided

Just check out the Taurus Judge to see what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

If you want to make a fuss over all the technical details write to the person who wrote the article. I was just explaining for the benefit of your confusing what was being reffered to as a 22 shotgun shell.

I know what it is because I used to use one regualrly! If you took the time out to not attack my posts and instead tried to read and find something out about me then you would know that I also owned and used other firearms. Just because I dont want to carry them down the mall, take them to school with me or go around shooting burgulars does not discredit my experiences with them. I come from a rural community where it was common practice to have kids shooting and respecting firearms from a very young age and I willl do the same with my children.

On the subject my close friend also had a rifle with the rifling filed out for rat-shot. It made very little difference that we could tell.

At the end of the day your quoting wiki;:rolleyes: There is technically no difference between a cartdidge and a shell other than the word to describe it.

8. pro2A

That's your prerogative.

Never said I did. That's illegal, you know those "Gun free zones".

When did I say that I go around shooting burglars? You act as tho I get enjoyment from it. Stop putting words in my mouth.

British gun culture is hardly to the level that American gun culture is.

Uh there is a big difference. One is made of brass the other is made of plastic. Also the loads are really different between the two. Either way it was your link I got that quote from, so back at ya ;)

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Guess she didn't believe mythbusters.

10. sherwood

sherwood Registered Member

What kind of excuse is that though. 'The oven did it'. I agree with the person above that the husband possibly did it and she came up with the first thing that came into her head.

Police: What happened here?
    Women: Errrr... erm... **looks around the room and see's the cooker**... Well the cooker did it.
    Police: care to explain how?
    Women: The cooker did it!

^^ Just my little script of the incident.