Burial or Cremation?

Westy

Registered Member
Just a thought, when you are no longer of this world how would you like your body disposed of?
I personally would like to be cremated, cant get eaten by all the earth dwellers then can you.

What about you guys? :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't thought about it too much, but I'd probably like to be cremated and have my ashes put in the mountains somewhere.

Turbo

Registered Member
i've thought about getting cremated and being put in the ice for Rangers hockey at MSG but i doubt that could happen. so burial would by choice so my friends can still come hang out with me.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think burial makes for a better funeral at least. There's something about having the person there (open casket if possible) that makes it easier to say goodbye I think.

I've been to both types of funerals as well. With cremation it's more of a memorial service and you feel detached from the reality of it.

In either case I think a "viewing" of some sort is best before being cremated. At least then loved ones can feel like they are able to say goodbye more easily.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I would not want to be cremated so burial the traditional way for me, but I am not objected to dropping me off at a taxidermist and being stuffed and let my friends take me out partying like weekend at bernies.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
We had a ceremony for my grandma prior to her cremation and one after, so you can have both. Her bones were put in this awesome mausoleum way up in a supposed 'holy' mountain.

I'm not sure what I want yet. Chances are I'm going to be cremated since it's almost a family tradition.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Cremation. I'd rather have that than my body just taking up space.

Of course, that's after the doctors have had their way with mah organs.