Burger King suing Burger King

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Wade8813, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Burger King Franchises Sue Burger King - AOL Small Business

I love the irony.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

wow, 10 cent loss?

Subway cut an Entire Dollar off their footlongs and it turned out to be one of the best decisions they ever made.

I think BK needs to just suck it up and realize we're in bad economic times, Everyone is clinging to their 10 cents :hah:

3. Wade8813

Yeah, although I don't think Subway is losing a dollar for every footlong they sell, or I'm pretty sure they'd be out of business.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the double cheeseburger normally sells for more than $1.10 - they're probably letting you save more than just 10 cents ;)

4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I imagine if just a quarter of people who stop in for a double cheeseburger pick up a small soda to go with it, they more than recoup their costs.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

You know, this whole thing's gotta be about control over pricing, and not the price of the double cheeseburger in particular. The franchise operators can't be so dim on the whole as to not understand the concept of a loss leader. It's like fishing. You spend a bit on bait and sometimes lose it, but it helps you catch more fish in the long run. If I thought their marketing teams daring or clever enough, I would say Burger King orchestrated this this to increase sales: "the Burger King double cheeseburger is so cheap we're suing ourselves over it!"

6. Wade8813

If they don't have to worry about getting in trouble for it, I wouldn't be surprised. BK has had a lot of really clever commercials within the last few years.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  8. ExpectantlyIronic

True enough, but I imagine we could both agree this seems excessively bold and outside the box, even given Burger King's recent and particularly-creative and seemingly-effective marketing campaigns. Who knows, though, right?

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I find it weird that some things aren't just settled internally. Or maybe this whole suing story is also a strategy for publicity (it's very expensive to be in the media).

10. mtcagney

mtcagney New Member

How the heck is a fountain drink $1.79+ , bun, 2 burgers, ketchup and pickles 1 dollar / water and syrup twice as much. doesn't make sense, just charge me what it costs + markup, enough marketing games