Bundy trial ends in a mistrial

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Because the government, including the prosecutors, lied.

Bundy Trial Ends in a Mistrial for a Very Expected Reason

Gee, who on here argued about the lack of due process and the grazing permits were cancelled because of fraud?

Had that whistleblower not come forward. 4 men would have gone to prison based on fraud. But everyone here thought they were just a bunch of dumb hillbillies and the government was in the right, remember?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I hope so too. I remember a story about the FBI killing Finicum while his hands were up, surrendering, and it disappeared during the Obama administration (big surprise). I hope Sessions does too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Your boys can still be tried, and still may be found guilty, as they should, because they are guilty.

The prosecutors did screw up. However, that doesn't bar the scheduling of another.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes they can still be tried but lets hope there are some government employees being tried along with them. Its just wrong for the government to harass someone until they run them off, get them to react or withholding evidence that proves the defendant is telling the truth. If those people don't have to answer for what they did then the Bundy's should be set free, charges dropped. I was never on Bundy's side either but wrong is wrong.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Your boys can still be tried, and still may be found guilty, as they should, because they are guilty.

The prosecutors did screw up. However, that doesn't bar the scheduling of another.
My boys? When did they become my boys? My side is the law, I don’t pick sides based on who they are.

Did you read the article? Did you skim over the part about the BLM engaged in fraud?

Speaking of the law, tell me, how do you know they are guilty? How do you know they will be found guilty?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There is a lot of meat in the reporting from Oregon: Rebuke of U.S. attorneys in Cliven Bundy case: 'Every prosecutor's nightmare'
The judge further identified 493 pages of internal affairs documents on BLM agent Love that said there were no documented injuries to endangered desert tortoises by cattle grazing on the federal land. That's the reason the federal land agency sought to curtail the senior Bundy's grazing permit in 1993 and limit the number of cattle on public land.

There's a lot there. This is just a small piece of it. You see "your boy" Obama and Eric Holder decided that desert turtle needed to be protected at all cost and any rednecks that got in the way needed to be taken care of. Didn't matter that the cows and turtles had coexisted for 20+ years without damage.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

It's over. They are all free and the judge barred a retrial. None of what BLM said was true. "A reckless disregaurd for constitutional obligations."

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I read that earlier. Total abuse of power by the BLM during the Obama administration, not that those facts matter to some, obviously.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's over. They are all free and the judge barred a retrial. None of what BLM said was true. "A reckless disregaurd for constitutional obligations."
They represent the worst of the West. And they will wind up in prison one day, just you wait. I just hope it’s not after they murder a BLM official.