• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Bullying manager?

Hannahxo

Registered Member
I think my manager is bullying me at work, because she humiliates me Infront of others and calls me selfish she's never on my side even when I'm right, also seems to be abit jealous and always gives me sarcastic comments and tells me off for the most pathetic petty things and she really upsets me, I feel intimidated so I avoid her sometimes and she confronted me about this and asked why I avoided her, none of the other staff at work seem to like her or engage in conversation with her she's just a horrible person to be around I constantly try to make conversation with her but she just gives me one-two word answers and then shouts at me over that I never talk to her w*f?i don't feel welcomed by her amd tbh I'm scared of her I dread walking into the same room, I've heard her talking bad about me and I've only been about a meter away! Couple of times I heard her actually, I do my job right but she pulls me up and embarrasses me over the post petty things infront of others even when she's been horrible and sarcastic I've been sweet and nice about it. Can anyone relate/advice

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you the only one she does this way?

Is there any reason you can think of that got you two off on the wrong foot?

Sometimes people can take a instant dislike to someone for no apparent reason. Sounds like you need to talk to her about it if you don't think it would get you fired.

I had a manager one time that was a real pain and she did me something like that. She didn't last long, if she hadn't of been fired I would have quit.

dDave

V.I.P.
Is it possible that your manager is just a very unlikable person?

I've had managers in the past that I considered to be good managers but I didn't care for their personalities at all.

Sometimes if a manager is bad enough then you should file an HR complaint or go to your managers boss rather than talk to your manager.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The reason my manager got fired is she went on vacation along with her husband for a week and left the her mother in law in charge. Some of us employees told her mother in law what was going on. The mother in law owned the place come to find out. Life became much better there.

Edit: You couldn't talk to our manager she would have just fired us. Think she was mental, really.

Last edited: