• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bugatti Veyron Supersport New Fastest Production vehicle

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport Sets Speed Record - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

The New Bugatti Veyron Supersport is Veyrons last Hurrah, and it has averaged to do a top speed of 267MPH at Volkswagens' secret facility. It has 200 more horsepower thanks to larger turbochargers, more efficient intercoolers, and improved drive train. And then it is 600 pounds lighter thanks to the loss of the large rear scoops, and added carbon fiber parts.

And the loss of the large scoops makes the veyron look kickass as well.

And it only costs $2,500,000. Not bad. OK it is bad......considering the ones that will actually be sold will be limited to 257mph to "preserve the tires" and still be fast enough to top the confirmed record of the SSC Ultimate Aero's 256.4 MPH

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Oh my nerves. My heart is racing just a little when I look at that car. If I ever had a dying wish it would be to drive that car on the autobahn. I would kill that car and it's fancy preserved tyres.

That said though, it's all good and well having a car that can go that speed, but you can never really go that speed, so what is the friggin point?

Impact

V.I.P.
Oh my nerves. My heart is racing just a little when I look at that car. If I ever had a dying wish it would be to drive that car on the autobahn. I would kill that car and it's fancy preserved tyres.

That said though, it's all good and well having a car that can go that speed, but you can never really go that speed, so what is the friggin point?
To drive on the autobahn? I dunno, you can hire out race tracks and what not. If you have enough money to buy the car, then i'm sure you have enough money to do that too.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
To drive on the autobahn? I dunno, you can hire out race tracks and what not. If you have enough money to buy the car, then i'm sure you have enough money to do that too.
Nah. I'm not that naive. I was thinking more like a test drive - on the autobahn. No car dealership should/would be dumb enough to let me test drive any muscle car around a race track. But certainly if I ever married Simon Cowell and he bought me one, I would take it to the track!! ;)

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt

I think the point is to just spit in the SSC Ultimate Aero's eye. When you think about it, the SSC is just a cheap attention grabber for the company. Not a single SSC has ever been sold to the general public and very few were built all of which are in private hands. And even then, the Aero's speed only fractionally beat the original veyrons, by a mere 4MPH. The Super Sport has the capability of going 11MPH, and they limit it to just barely beat the Aero's, again, to spit in its eye.

I'd still love it because it looks cooler, does the 0-200 time better (still not Hennessey beating though), and has that jizz draining color scheme.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
Sweeeeet ride! I'd prefer it in red or black though......

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Oh and heres a factoid I remember. The tires on the Bugatti Veyron are handmade by a technician from Goodyear, and the process can take up to 3 hours and demands the highest quality materials. These end up being good for only 6000 miles, and cost 17,000 dollars to replace just one. Thats why the top speed has been reduced.

anmracing

Registered Member
Actually, not to flame anyone here but the Veyron uses the Michelin PAX System which is a metric tire and wheel. If ran at top speed, the tires would last a whopping 35-40 miles....... Four new tire would be $40K USD and on top of that the wheels need to be tested for stress cracks on the fourth set of tires. If they find a crack then all the wheels have to be replaced..... That would only set you back $11,500 for EACH WHEEL!!!! Must be nice to have that money tree in the backyard..... LOL!!!!!! :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Autos 0
MAgnum9987 Autos 2