• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Budweiser will be called America

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
For the elections and the Olympics Budweiser will be called America and instead of saying King of Beers and World Renowned it will say E Pluribus Unum and Land of the Free.

Budweiser now known as ‘America’ until U.S. election

I think this is great, don't know why since I don't drink beer but I might have to buy a 6 pack anyway.lol

What do you think?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Kind of ridiculous, in my opinion, and not a very good representation of the country. Bud is shit beer. Then again, maybe it's an accurate representation of America.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Budweiser is the Cleveland Browns of beers.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm into it! Being that AB is located in Missouri and is an underrated beer I think its the perfect beer to be called AMerica.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Arrogant. Just ads fuel to the fire. Any product could do that.

How about creating beer LABELS that you can slap on any brand and call it YOUR "America", thereby sending the message that America is what you make of it? Anything that makes you happy is your "America" (hence the concept "American Dream").

That idea needs a sound effect...

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nothing wrong with Budweiser and like Millz I think its underrated.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The single dumbest marketing scheme in the history of beer.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm into it! Being that AB is located in Missouri and is an underrated beer I think its the perfect beer to be called AMerica.
AB is now owned by a multinational beer conglomerate, InBev, and goes around buying up craft breweries in order to maintain or increase their market share, which is now something like a third of all beer sold worldwide. Definitely not a brand I will ever support.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Meh, kind of a silly marketing scheme, but I don't care. I don't drink beer much, and when I do I rarely drink domestic beers, but I will drink Bud Light from time to time. This isn't going to change the frequency of that at all.