Budgeting Money

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
How do you (or don't you) budget your money?

Do you keep track of every penny or do you keep it casual?

Lately I've been keeping a pretty exact budget. You'd be amazed at how quickly the little things add up. It's definitely worth being precise about this type of thing.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I'm on a pretty strict budget as of late to reach my goal of moving in July, so i'm counting every single penny in and out of my account. Except the small allowance I give myself each week to blow, I don't keep track of that at all. I'm even making myself work longer hours so I can make my current budget more realistic. For pretty much the entire rest of my life though, I've had a very lax budget, wait for bill payments to go out and completely blow the rest.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm horrible about keeping track of things - on the other hand, I'm the king of saving money. I routinely walk a few miles to and from work just to not pay $2.00 bus fare, and I've been known to skip meals rather than pay $5 for lunch.

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
I try and budget what little I have left after we've paid the bills but it sometimes proves to be difficult. Lately I've let my boyfriend deal with it for us because I'd just spend it all.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I dont budget, I keep it casual.

I know my level of affordability and have confidence that my expense will not exceed my expendible income.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I set aside the money for bills, a little towards savings and the rest is spending money. It works out good for me. Takes will power to not spend it all lol.

I'm casual with budgeting, but I pretty much always know where the money is going and how fast it goes. I spent a couple of weeks writing down everything I spent money on a few months ago. And yeah, it was crazy to see how the little things really do add up. So I'm much more conscious of that now, but I don't really keep track. I like to skimp on buying things I normally wouldn't think twice about purchasing, and in the end it turns out I don't miss them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't really budget my money, I know how much I usually have in my two different accounts and that to me is good enough. Obviously now that I have my own house, I can't just go out there and spend freely, but I can still enjoy myself a bit.

theAlex

Registered Member
I'm a little bit of a masochist; when each paycheck comes in, I pay all of my bills for the month plus a bit extra, to include savings and investments. I have a general-purpose savings account on top of my emergency fund, and into this GP fund I drop probably double what I should. Then I go fill up the car, get groceries and cigarettes to last me till next payday.

After this, I know all my essentials are covered, so anything left in my checking is fair game for whatever I want. I may feel like I have no money a day or two before payday, but even then all of my savings goals are met and everything is payed for :)