Buddhism

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Unity, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I started a thread on Hinduism, and basically this is the same premise.

Just curious if anyone around here is Buddhist, and what views are on the faith.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I read the Bhagavad Gita for my world religions class and I must say it was quite the read. I like a lot of what I hear from Buddhism, but I don't think I can be that passive.

3. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

I hold a ton of respect for those people. Therese devotion is something we can all learn from. Havign taken Martial Arts in the past their beliefs are very admirable to me. However I can not see myself as being bald, so i'll stick to Roman Cath. (Laughs)

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I visited a Shin Buddhism temple for a project a couple months ago, and was generally impressed. Besides that I've done assorted reading, and have a decent grasp of the religion.

However, Buddhist I am not. But in the grand scheme of things, it fits much more with my beliefs on spirituality (particularly on being vague on the concept of God). It's not as compatible as say, Taoism, but it's close.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I think Buddhism is one of the better religions, by virtue of advocating beliefs that are more in tune with my own. That said, I am way too much of a Western thinker to be Buddhist.

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I used to meditate, that was as close to buddhism as i got.

7. MysticOne

MysticOne Registered Member

I'm a Buddhist-taaadahhh!

8. Vagabond

Vagabond New Member

Buddhism is the only religion I actually respect. Why? They never seem to go on extreme murderous rampages like the other ones tend to do ever so often...

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

That's a pretty poor reason to view it as the best, but that's just my view.

10. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Depends on whether or not you judge faiths by their best or their worst people.