• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Budaj traded to the Jets

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@Dave_Stubbs: #Habs trade G Peter Budaj to Winnipeg with F Patrick Holland for forward Eric Tangradi”

marc5252

Registered Member
Good move!!! It was impossible to start the season with 3 goalies and the idea of maybe losing Tokarski by waivers was too risky

Crypticshock

Registered Member
$838,000 in cap savings... That's all this was. PK Subban gets one of his buddies back if he can work himself out of the AHL.

Eventually, Tangradi could do the job that Travis Moen doesn't wanna do anymore. Even if he starts the season in Hamilton, it's a good trade for me. Now, if we can get rid of Moen.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Had no issue with Budaj, he did his job knew his role. Unfortunately for him a better goalie came into town & it was his time to back up CP

StroShow

V.I.P.
I dunno if Bergevin looks even smarter now or the Jets GM is a big dummy?

“@saraorlesky: #NHLJets put newly acquired goalie Peter Budaj on waivers”

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Surprised that Budaj was put on waivers by the Jets. Should be interesting to see if a team picks him up.

Regarding the deal, very pleased about it. Clears cap space, and Tokarski had no options. Definitely the best move they could have done. Even though they didn't get much of a return.

StroShow

V.I.P.
azaloum90 said:
Good on the Jets... their backup had a total of 3 NHL starts in his career.
Lol! To think, Budaj is good enough to steal Pavalec starting spot if given a chance, I'm also quite surprised he cleared waivers to be honest with you. I guess it just goes to show you how goalteners aren't really needed at the current moment.