Bucks Sign Yi Jianlian To Multi-Year Contract

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Bucks.com -
    The Milwaukee Bucks announced on Wednesday that 2007 first round draft pick Yi Jianlian has signed a multi-year contract. The Bucks 6th overall selection in the 2007 NBA Draft, Yi Jianlian signed his contract in Hong Kong following a negotiating session with Mr. Chen Haitao, owner of the Guangdong Tigers.

Bucks owner and team president Senator Herb Kohl, General Manager Larry Harris and Bucks Vice President Ron Walter were able to meet with Mr. Chen, as well as Yi and his family, as part of the process.

Yi Jianlian is expected to join the team for training camp that begins on Monday, October 1 at the Bucks Training Center in St. Francis, WI.

“There has been a genuine excitement throughout our city and state, as well as internationally, following our selection of Yi in the NBA Draft,” said Senator Herb Kohl. “We all anticipate Yi’s arrival and welcome him and his family to Milwaukee. We look forward to a successful relationship for many years to come.”

“We would be remiss if we didn’t acknowledge and thank Mr. Chen for his assistance and support in the negotiating process,” Kohl added.

“We were thrilled to be able to draft Yi Jianlian in June and are equally excited to sign him to a NBA contract as a member of the Milwaukee Bucks ,” said Harris. “We drafted Yi with the expectation that he would be a part of our franchise for a very long time and this is the first step in that process. Yi is a skilled and versatile young man who we have seen play numerous times over the last few years including this summer in the NBA Summer League. Our players and coaches look forward to working with Yi and I know our fans will enjoy watching him compete with the many talented, young players on our roster.”

NBA Commissioner David J. Stern commented, “We are happy that Yi will be playing with the Bucks to further develop his skill and his contribution to both the Chinese National Team and the NBA. This is another great example of cooperation between the CBA and the NBA and I want to congratulate the CBA, Mr. Chen, the Guangdong Tigers and the Milwaukee Bucks .”

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ucks_sign_yi_jianlian_to_multi_year_contract/

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I was surprised at this. I didn't think he'd actually sign. Does anybody know how many years and how much money he's getting?

3. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

Most likely not that much at all probably, i was also surprised though

4. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Would it be a shame if he turned out to be a bust, all that controversey over a replaceable player. But doubt he will be one.

5. Babe_Ruth

When I read this story yesterday I was in total shock, I never expected him to sign with the Bucks, especially with his damn agent saying that he wants to play somewhere else.

I am really glad that he signed because I really want to see what this guy can do against nba competetion. I've been hearing a lot of things about this kid and he has put good numbers with his Chinese Club, now lets see if he can keep it up the Bucks.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I am so waiting for that to happen. I just don't like the fact that he's caused so much commotion before proving himself worthy of it yet.

7. Babe_Ruth

Personally I don't think he's going to be a bust, he's to developed to be a bust, he's been playing professional basketball for quite some time now, and I believe that he can make a big impact in the NBA if he gets his minutes. He might not have a good start because he's going to be a rookie and such. But after he adapts to the NBA I'm sure he's going to be just fine.

8. Dannyboy9695

Dannyboy9695 Guest

Yea he is going to help the BUcks out alot. Especially down low getting rebonds

9. Babe_Ruth

He doesn't have a down low game right now. Even though he's a big guy is game is more on the perimeter. He might get one further down the road but you'll mostly see Yi play on the outside more then the inside.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

kind of like Dirk. I remember when he'd shoot 3s all the time when the big 3 were still in Dallas.

Yi is wanted for his ability to shoot while being a big man in the first place. He's probably setting his sights on being a future Dirk.