• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bryzgalov signs long-term deal with Flyers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bryzgalov signs long-term deal with Flyers - NHL.com - News

They had to make a few trades to sign Bryzgalov, but they finally locked him up. I think nine years is way to long, he'll be there till he's 40 years-old.

I personally believe he'll play well with the Flyers, he never played in front a team like Philadelphia before. I don't know if he'll lead them to the promise land, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
Huge risk signing him for such a long deal. Although, it will be fun to see who wins a cup first (if at all), him or Luongo. I have a hard time believing Philly is done after this, though. They have a gaping hole at center now. Could Brad Richards be coming in?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way they could afford Brad Richards. There's a reason why they traded away both Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Richards will be demanding max money, and with the Flyers signing Bryzgalov to this long-term deal they have no cap space to fit him on the roster.

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
Well, they still need to go get another centerman. They obviously have faith in the up and comers, but I think they still need to get another one. If they don't, I don't see them being a great team this year. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter meant a lot to that team. I actually never thought Richards would be traded away.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh! I do agree with you that they need another centerman, I was just stating that there's no way that they can afford someone like Brad Richards. They can go out and sign someone like Tim Connolly or Thomas Fleischmann even Brooks Laich would be someone they can sign. There's not a lot of talented centers out there, but they can definitely sign a few guys that would help them out.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The goalie situation couldn't have gotten any worse in Philly. Haha. I think this was a good move. Was it too long of a contract for too much? Probably. But if they can overcome Richards' absence, they should roll into April in one of the top two seeds and avoid a second straight sweep by the Bruins (I hope).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HabsMike25 Wrestling 2
HabsMike25 Wrestling 10
Babe_Ruth Video Games 2
StroShow Hockey 8
Babe_Ruth Hockey 7