Bryce Harper

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm sure most of you already heard about the young phenom Bryce Harper, but I'm sure some of you haven't seen much coverage of him. Here's a nice clip put together of Harper. He has a great swing, I just believe he needs to make a few adjustments in his swing especially when he lifts up his front leg when he bats. It just doesn't seem right and I believe scouts/managers will tell him to adjust that. Other than that the kid as a smooth swing.

YouTube - Bryce Harper hits 502ft baseball home run in the 2009 Power Showcase

Enjoy

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

He should be the #1 pick by the Nationals this year...

Those homers are impressive but they are with an aluminum bat too.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Agree on both points, I've watched a bit of him in JUCO ball and he's using a wooden bat, he's playing pretty well. I can't wait to see this guy is the Majors, but whoever drafts him(should be the Nationals) they have to take their time with him since he's still very young.

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Well obviously this kid is the projected #1 overall pick for the 2010 draft in just about every single mock draft out there then he can hit plus pitching. He has played for team USA, Area Code, etc. He has proven himself at the amatuer level, now it's time to see what he can do in pro ball. I'm not going to say that he will be the next great big leaguer, but he sure does have the tools to give him a chance

5. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

Hmmm... Harper can hit 96 MPH on the mound with tremendous movement. I like his pop, but guys who can touch 96 with their fastballs with life don't come around often.

I'd love to see him back on the mound, but if he's effective as a hitter, so be it.