• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Bryce Harper

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Am I the only one that Bryce Harper left an impression on during the playoffs? Looks like it was sort of his coming out party.

He's had an injury plagued career, and he's been critized quite often early on his career, but what people tend to forget is that he's only twenty-one years old.

Thoughts on Harper' and his future?

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Great talent, going to be a fantastic player. Lots of people rip him over his attitude and disrespecting the game and there's probably some of that when he first signed but if you really look at the stuff he says and does I don't think he means any harm.

Hard not to have an ego when everyone has pumped your tires since you were 8.

DarrylMHB

I think he'll be a top 5 hitter in the entire league next year. Harper and Anthony Rendon are going to be an excellent combo for Washington for many years.

Sabby

Stay away from Josh Hamilton and the DL and he's going to be an amazing player for the next 15-20 years

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
To further my topic, I was wondering what you guys thought of Harper's stare down after he hit the game-tying home run against Strickland?

Personally, I had no problem with it. Some people are so insensitive. He's a twenty-one year old kid, who just hit the biggest home run in his career and he gave his team a chance to win the game and push the series to a deciding fifth game.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If people are going to get butthurt about that then they should be pissed at Kolten Wong for his mini bat flip or Matt Adams for jumping for joy after his homer. Sure, those are passion based and they didn't look at the opponent but I think its all the same. I don't have an issue with it. I did have issue with Puig last year when he bat flipped and didn't hit it out because, I mean come on, but overall I don't have an issue.

As far as Harper goes I think people discounted him this year. He's still so damn young...potential is still ridiculously high.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2
Babe_Ruth Baseball 3
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2
Babe_Ruth Baseball 7