• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bryce Harper

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Couple interesting stories on Harper, one by the Post, the other by Pos:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...404ea4-2968-11e5-a250-42bd812efc09_story.html

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/bryce-harper-face-of-baseball/

As some of you may already know, I'm a big fan of Bryce Harper. Have been since I set eyes on his first Sports Illustrated cover.

A lot of fans were saying bust for the last few seasons, but they won't admit it. I even called out a Foxsports writer this summer who wrote an article about how Harper as not amounted to anything after he was labeled has the "next one". Kept telling him how young he was, takes more time for some young players to find their niche and he's dealt with some injuries early on his career. I forget the name of the author, so I can't go back on Twitter and call him out on it once again.

Anyway, he's only 22 years-old. Still very hard to believe he's in his fourth year already.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's good to see Harper doing as well as he had this year...the sky is the limt for him and like you I think its hard to believe its his 4th year already.

I think Mike Trout is better though. I know this isn't a which one is better thread but I'll take Mike Trout over Bryce Harper any day of the week.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mike Trout is definitely better at this point still, but Harper has really cut down the gap this year. It's still not debatable, but if Harper keeps doing what he's doing, and wins the triple crown and the MVP, it will now be debatable, IMO.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 3
Babe_Ruth Baseball 6
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2
Babe_Ruth Baseball 7