• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bryan Danielson released

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is so fucking stupid. He got released for choking Justin Roberts with his own tie. But supposedly the WWE will bring him back when this thing blows over.

WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan(Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors.
wwe.com

But it might be a work, Danielson said on his twitter he is no longer being called Daniel Bryan, but Bryan Danielson, and that the winds of change are coming.

Last edited:

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Hmmmm...you think tney'd do this on live television though....he'll come back as Bryan Danielson, and everyone would be confused towards the name change, because it really wasn't announced on television (for those who don't read wrestling sites).

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's even more info on this situation...weird...

There is a lot of speculation right now regarding the WWE release of Bryan Danielson and if it's true or not. There has been some talk that it's a storyline and that "Daniel Bryan" will be returning as Bryan Danielson. It's interesting to note that WWE used both of his names in the release announcement and this would be the first time that they've used the website to announce a fake release.
Around the time that WWE announced it on their website last night, Danielson changed his Twitter username, dropped the WWE references on his page and wrote the following:

"Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring."
Word has been sent out within WWE that the release of Daniel Bryan is legit.

Higher-ups, including execs Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson, in the company were informed of his departure before the news item was posted on WWE's website tonight.

It's still possible that this is all a part of WWE "going out of the norm" and it's a big storyline but it's hard to believe that they would work the storyline on higher-ups in the company.
People in WWE, including the creative team, were told that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW this past Monday.

The shot was edited from replays of the angle and was described as being too violent for what WWE allows on it's programming.
As noted before, the reason being told for Daniel Bryan's release is because of him choking Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW.

Word is that someone very important complained to WWE officials about the angle with the idea that kids who were watching may think it's fun to choke people with their ties. It's unknown who actually complained but it had to be someone with a lot of power.

Bryan is being described as a scapegoat. WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over. As noted before, the reason being told for Daniel Bryan's release is because of him choking Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like you said, someone with a lot of control wanted him to be fired after that act, choking was banned after the Benoit incident so they took this really serious. I really do hope this is only a work, or they bring him back when this blows over. He was finally hitting stride and make WWE fans pay attention to him. He was also a big part of this angle.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Quick TNA! Steal him before this whole thing blows over!! :D

That's crazy. This is the incident why he got fired by the way for anyone who didn't see it:

YouTube - The reason why Daniel Bryan was fired from the WWE [w/ vid]

i agree with the guy who posted the video, surely the camera men/production staff that chose to zoom in and show that clip are equally to blame, if not more so? They definitely could have made for easier scapegoats.

Still, i'm seriously hoping for a big TNA buy. That'd be awesome for them. Getting Bryan Danielson along with his added popularity from being in the WWE.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't even know what to say. If this is real, I'm really pissed at Vince for ruining one of the best angles in recent years. If it's not, hats off to Vince, who has me really pissed off. I'm not worried, if it is I see him appearing in TNA. Still, he's been such a big part of the clips they showed in their entirety on every show this week, I would think they would have noted this sooner. His twitter thing makes it seem like a work, who knows.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Yeah there are a few things that do make it seem as if it's the most elaborate work ever.

Danielson changing his twitter so fast is one. We know he's not really into the internet and all that so it seems strange that that would be a 'priority' of any sort to him. Though maybe he just had to change it cus it had WWE in the name. I dunno.

Another is the fact that the news still hasn't been added to WWE's corporate site. if i see it up there then i definitely won't doubt it's legitimacy.

I'm pretty sure it's legit though. I think it's absolutely retarded on the part of WWE. I mean they have people trying to run people over with cars, Orton doing stuff like kicking people in the head and DDTing Stephanie McMahon, to choke someone with a tie doesn't seem too extreme compared with some of that stuff. it does seem to be a company no no though. When Slater tried to choke Cena with the ring rop later you could see Cena tell him not to and Slater stopped right away.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's completely ridiculous. I understand banning chair shots to the head, but if a choke can be worked professionally between two wrestlers, let them do it. It doesn't have to be extreme or actually cutting off any air.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The thing is Justin Roberts isn't a wreslter and he might not know how to handle a choke hold like the other wrestlers can. I think that's one of the major reasons why people got so bent out of shape with the situation. But I do agree with you, releasing him is a bit much. Why didn't they just suspend him instead?