Bryan Danielson - Perfect Debut?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Feb 27, 2010.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

This is something somebody said on another forum and i have to say i agree whole heartedly:

- He was made to seem a much bigger deal than most of the other rookies.
    - He was treated as an almost equal to the world champion.
    - He was involved in the most segments.
    - He's the only rookie with an angle, unless you count Punk's dissapointment with his.
    - He got to be himself.
    - They acknowledged life outside of WWE and didn't pretend he was wrestling for the first time.
    - The issues about him having a "lack of personality" were proven to be exaggerated and it's quite clear anyone thought that because of the contrast with his obnoxious mentor.
    - The commentary, shoot or not, put him over huge.
    - Everything involving him was booked incredibly well in his favour.

I don't think Danielson's debut could have been booked any better than it was. I remember when Danielson signed for WWE so many people thought he'd be buried like Colt Cabana was, but WWE definitely proved them all wrong. Is there anything anyone would have changed about Danielson's WWE debut, or do we give the WWE 10/10 for this one?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I tend to agree....10/10.

I compare it so far (yes I know this is premature) to the way they handled CM Punk. From the very start they pushed Punk perfectly. If the WWE wants to do something they are capable of doing it the right way. I read that McMahon thought he made Danielson a star in one night and I think he's right.

We'll see where it goes from here but it could not have started better.

3. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I honestly never knew who Danielson was up until his NXT debut. My opinion of him at the moment, he's pretty good.

So I guess, I can't wait to see what he'll be up to in the weeks to come.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I wouldn't say it was perfect but I it was almost perfect. I think the WWE is booking Daniel really well right now, its good that their mentioning his past. He's getting the most attention out of the rookies and he got a match against the World Champion on the first night. Hopefully the WWE keeps it up, because we all know the potential is there.