Bryan Danielson looking to leave ROH

wooly

I am the woolrus
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Ring of Honor's Bryan Danielson is looking to pursue a career in Mixed Martial Arts when his ROH contract expires in May. The American Dragon has been training five hours a day at the Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, and plans to continue his training in Thailand this summer.
This is a huge blow to Ring of Honor. Danielson was probably the only thing i'd heard about ROH before i started getting into it, and after watching him wrestle it's gonna be a shame to see him go. Hopefully he does well in his MMA career though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I read this thread title I thought he was going to go in the WWE. This would be a major blow for ROH since he's the face of that wrestling company and he's probably their best wrestler. I think this guy as the ability to become a good MMA wrestler. I've only seen him a few times in the ring, but he seems to have a lot of good technical moves. Should be interesting to see his first match in MMA.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd love to see Danielson in WWE but it doesnt look like WWE officials are too high on him for whatever reason.

Sucks for ROH though.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'd rather see him in WWE than see him go off to MMA, but at the same time i'd rather see him in ROH than WWE. I'm surprised to be honest. He's known as one of the founding fathers of ROH, i think he main evented their first ever show, and to see him go now just as ROH is really starting to get publicity? It's a real shame.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I dont get the timing. They get on TV and he leaves...what's up with that?

You know WWE wouldnt use him right anyways.

They signed Lo Ki and I have yet to see him...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They had A.J Styles as well and they didn't use him properly either, and those two guys are arguably the best wrestlers in their promotions.

I also agree with you guys this is just weird timing, Danielson would be getting tons of exposure because of the new television deal, and Ric Flair is coming to ROH so he could learn from one of the best. I guess he just had a goal to make it in the MMA business.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
No. I refuse to accept it. :p

Danielson is probably one of the best wrestlers in the world. He can't give that up, surely. Especially since he's in ROH and they need people like him to be the alternative they are