Brushing Your Teeth

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Quick question about this:

Do you brush your teeth before or after you eat breakfast? Of course assuming you brush your teeth in the morning...:lol:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I brush my teeth after eating breakfast, what's the point in brushing them before? They'll just need brushing after you eat. ;)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I must be really odd then (not that I haven't confirmed it elsewhere before, lol).

I brush before...first thing I do in the morning before I put any food or drink in my mouth. Obviously I don't do it for dental care...

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
For me it depends on how soon I'm planning on eating breakfast. If it's going to be more than 30 minutes after I get up, I'll brush my teeth first. If I'm going to eat right away, I'll brush after instead.

Of course, I'm not much a breakfast person anyways so it's usually not a factor in my brushing habits.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I prefer to brush after for the reasons stated above, but to ensure I actually get to brush my teeth I do so as soon as I'm awake and able to focus on what I'm doing.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I brush my teeth every morning as soon as I get out of the shower. Once I'm downstairs I really don't like going back up to do something that is part of my normal routine to begin with. And plus I'm never home for breakfast anyways because I wake up get ready for work and leave.

Depends how long until I eat breakfast- sometimes before if it'll be a whle (if not the food will taste bad)- other times after- sometimes both.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
As I said, I don't do it for dental hygiene (anti-cavity) reasons. I just don't feel good about eating with a morning breath.