• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bruce Prichard Podcast

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone else listening? My roommate loves it and he told me about it. I started listening to it at work – listened to the one about the Montreal Screwjob and Rick Rude. So far, it has been amazing.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You're just now listening? Get with the program, PAL haha. Unity and I saw him live, it was awesome. His insight is the best. They won best sports podcast two straight years.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know lol. I will catch up. In addition, that is amazing that you guys saw him live.

So far, I have heard some great stories. The best one being that Shawn Michaels went to Brisco for help in learning some wrestling holds/moves in case Bret Hart attacked him after the screw job. That was real fun to listen too.

There was some cool stories in the one about Rude – I knew he was tough, but not THAT tough.

Do not which one I will listen next. So many great ones to choose from.

Which one(s) are your favourite?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wrestlemania 7...that's the one that hooked me. Him talking about Tugboats role...is...insane. And he addresses the controversy of how it was originally gonna be at the LA Coliseum and the truth on why they moved it to a smaller place. Conrad really really really presses him to be honest about it. Its brilliant.

The screwjob stuff is awesome too though. The newer stuff is a bit better bc of the ridiculous detail they go into.

The one Conrad does with Tony Shiavone about WCW is good too. Not as good though bc Tony has forgotten a bunch lol

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure why this is in the hockey forum LOL
My bad.

Listening to the one on Mr. Perfect right now. So far so good. Love how Perfect, Legion of Doom, Rude all went to the same high school.

I will check out the one on Wrestlemania 7 next, @Millz

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Wrestlemania 7...that's the one that hooked me. Him talking about Tugboats role...is...insane. And he addresses the controversy of how it was originally gonna be at the LA Coliseum and the truth on why they moved it to a smaller place. Conrad really really really presses him to be honest about it. Its brilliant.

The screwjob stuff is awesome too though. The newer stuff is a bit better bc of the ridiculous detail they go into.

The one Conrad does with Tony Shiavone about WCW is good too. Not as good though bc Tony has forgotten a bunch lol
About the Wrestlemania 7 thing, if it has been moved for the reason I think (I've read about it but I haven't listened to that podcast yet), they were at least able to use kayfabe to explain the change of venue and save face. I don't think that they could've been able to do the same at other times if the same situation had come up.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just listened to the Wrestlemania 7 podcast. It was good. I already knew that stuff about Slaughter, but it is still fun to hear it again. You could tell that Miss Elizabeth meant a lot to Prichard when he talked about her. I think she meant a lot too many people. She was so beloved. Now I am listening to the podcast on Piper.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Listened to the Roddy Piper one today, and I have an hour left of the Kurt Angle to listen too.

I really enjoyed the podcast of Roddy. It got a bit emotional when they discussed his death. Prichard seemed really close to him. In addition, I love the story where he went to Piper' hotel and he had all that beer on ice, and those shot glasses full of alcohol. I wish that they discussed more of the fights he got into outside of wrestling. We all know there were some. It would be fun to hear about them.

Regarding the Angle podcast, I loved hearing Prichard talking about Vince's reaction during the 2001 King of The Ring street fight between Angle and Shane. I saw the match live on PPV, still til this day one of my favourite matches. That said, never thought what Vince was feeling at that very time where Shane's head was hitting the concrete floor. Loved how Vince apologized to Prichard for being an ass the next day, and told him if it happens again, tell me "you are being an asshole! Quiet down"

Loving these more and more.