Browns vs Raiders

Discussion in 'NFL' started by kdawg24, Sep 24, 2007.

1. kdawg24

kdawg24 Guest

I thought the Browns got screwed at the end. They Snaped the ball then the Raiders called a timeout. If you watch it close you can see it. I think it's bull-crap!!! What is your guys opinion? I think they need to have more reviewing on stuff like that. Because some teams are getting screwed with some stupid calls. Like the Bengals game! That CB intercepted it and they called it an incomplete pass. It bounced off the football player and the CB of the Bengals caught it. I don't like the Bengals but that was just a bad called.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It happens all the time, this is not the first time that a situation like this happen. Personally the Browns lost because of this reason, they still had a chance to kick a field goal and he missed.

Now speaking about the game, Culpepper looked good yesterday, and I believe he should be name a starter now. I believe he was 8-11 and he threw for 111 yards. I know that Josh has played well, but I believe Daunte gives them a better chance to win.

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

The timout was called before the ball was snapped. Icing the kicker has been a part of the game for decades. It's tradition and it's well within the rules to do it.

Hoosier.

4. kdawg24

kdawg24 Guest

They even said it on the news today here in Ohio. I can see it. You have to look close.

5. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

The biggest and best part of this story to me is that the Raiders head coach got "screwed" in the same way just the week before. At least for Raiders fans you know you have a coach who learns from his mistakes. Andy Reid should take notes because whenever he tries to "Ice" the kicker he always calls the time out before the kicker is even set. What you saw on sunday was the way it should be done, and hopefully it will force teams to make sure they have a solid kicker who doesn't get rattled easily.

6. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

They said it on the news in Ohio.. Now there's an unbiased source.....

I have watched it. In fact I have it on Tivo. The timeout was granted by the side judge just before the ball was snapped.

Hoosier.

7. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I saw the game in a sports bar filled with Browns fans and they accepted that the timeout was called before the snap. They were still pissed that they lost but they didnt try to blame that.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I wrote this long response on how I thought it was inappropriate for the coach to time it perfectly like that but i accidentally hit back on Firefox and lost it.

Anyways icing the kicker has been in the league but it use to be only the team captain could call a time out like that. And the rule changed a few years ago they were discussing it on PTI.

I think they should switch it back to that. Most of the commentators thought it was lame how it happened but only a few of them thought the rule should be altered.

9. kdawg24

kdawg24 Guest

Yea! I gave up on it! Now it's time to move on. I hope they do alot better the next game.

10. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

I still can't get over the imfamous "tuck rule" made popular by Tom Brady in the AFC championship game. :)