Browns release Stallworth

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Browns released WR Donte' Stallworth.

He didn't last 24 hours on the offseason roster after being reinstated from his one-year suspension Monday morning. Stallworth is still only 29, but was completely ineffective the last time he played, catching just 17 balls for 170 yards and a single touchdown in 11 games opposite Braylon Edwards in 2008. He'll be lucky to get more than a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum, and is a long shot to ever reappear on the fantasy radar again
Makes ya wonder who, if anybody, will sign Stallworth for next season.

I think he's worth a small contract to see if he can turn his career around after missing a year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here you go Stallworth, your re-instated in the league and now we must release you.

I agree with you that a team should take a chance on him if the money is right, a team like the Seahawks could use his services, he's still capable to be a third or fourth receiver on a team.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't really know if he'll play next season. He's up for some pretty serious charges and will more than likely see some jail time.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree Swift, I thought the Browns gave up on him too soon. I still think he can be a pretty productive receiver.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no room for Stallworth on the Cowboys, were already pretty deep when it comes to Wide Receivers. But before Stallworth killed that person he had a pretty good track record, so he won't be a cancer to a team so to speak.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah Stallworth did his time alright...barely any at all but that's a different story.

I think someone will sign him and I think the Browns dumped him because its just a bad storyline for them.