Browns, Delhomme agree to 2-year deal

Cleveland Browns, Jake Delhomme agree to two-year contract - ESPN

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter first reported the deal, and a source told Schefter that Delhomme is scheduled to make $7 million this season, including just under $900,000 in base salary. With $12.7 million from Carolina, Delhomme will make $19.7 million in 2010.
It didn't take him very long to find a new home.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting...

Goodbye Brady Quinn haha. I see Delhomme starting and maybe Seneca Wallace backs him up. Unless they wanna take a chance on another terrible Notre Dame QB...Jimmy Clausen.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Any team with a sub-par quarterback situation will take a solid, average veteran like Jake. He's not a bad player and will make an excellent backup/starter.

The Browns now have Quinn, Delhomme, and Wallace on their rosters. Who starts? Are they going to pick up a 4th who is a for-sure starter or let them compete?

It'll be weird to see him in a new uniform. Hopefully he plays well, I've never had a problem with him, it'd be nice to see him help the Browns look at least competitive this year. He's also make some decent money.
------
Even with Delhomme's recent 'blah' play, I can't see him losing that battle to either of those two.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's not surprising that Delhomme was able to sign with a team so quickly, like Steve mentioned he's not that bad of a player. A new team could do wonders for his career.

Personally I think Wallace should be the third string, Quinn is better than Wallace in my opinion.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He needs a stout line. Since he's not much of a runner he will have to have the time to stand in the pocket on is 3 and 5 step drops. He goes through his reads as well as any veteran. Delhomme is only as good as the tools around him.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's not surprising that Delhomme was able to sign with a team so quickly, like Steve mentioned he's not that bad of a player. A new team could do wonders for his career.

Personally I think Wallace should be the third string, Quinn is better than Wallace in my opinion.
I think Quinn is better then Wallace too but its hard to justify not starting the kid over Delhomme. He's wasting away on the bench.

The problem Delhomme is going to have is a lack of weapons. Unless the young receivers figure their shit out, of course.

If they don't trade for/sign a decent receiver, I don't think Delhomme will be all that good this season. Maybe they can snag TO, oh wait, that wouldn't help much. Haha.