• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Brownies

Impact

V.I.P.
Well, who else likes 'em? Do you like the plain or with ice-cream/chocolate sauce? Any recipes for the perfect brownie to share?

Yesterday I made some pretty epic tasting brownies, but they sunk in the middle to about half an inch thick and I have no idea why. Anyone know why they do that? I need to make them again before I share the recipe to make sure it wasn't just a fluke they tasted that good, though.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You know, sometimes I make cakes and they turn into brownies :lol:

I like making them coz the kids love it but I'm not really a dessert eater.

Impact

V.I.P.
Ah, I don't eat them as dessert. I eat them as cake and just snack whenever haha

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah that too. I'm not really into sweets except for banana split ice cream. I always snack on salty food.

Do you use a brownie mix or make it yourself?

Impact

V.I.P.
Make them from scratch. I only ever use mixes if I need a cake in a hurry, for someone's birthday or something

Iris

rainbow 11!
i want to make them from scratch. mmmm

i just pulled out a box of brownie mix with the intent of making a batch, but my stove isn't hooked up at the moment, damn it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I love brownies, either plain or in a hot fudge brownie sundae. But no nuts. Nuts ruin baked goods.

I used to have a really good recipe that was pretty simple, I think it was just eggs, flour, melted chocolate, and sugar, probably a little baking powder or something.

Dabs

Registered Member
I know some people who like brownies when they aren't fully done, the center is all gooey! Me, I don't care for chocolate, so I'm not a fan of brownies.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Brownies are awesome as long as they're baked properly. I agree with Jeanie, no nuts. Ice cream is good with them, but I prefer just eating them plain.