Brown out: Cleveland cuts former Pro Bowl QB Anderson

Discussion in 'NFL' started by StroShow, Mar 9, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Looks like in the big battle, just as many people said it would be

Brady Quinn, for the win!!!

Cleveland Browns cut QB Derek Anderson - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What took them so long? Seriously this doesn't surprise me at, I've been saying it for quite some time now that Anderson sucks and he shouldn't be a starter in the NFL. I know that Quinn hasn't done much either but I think the Browns should give him the ball this season and just let him try to turn into a good starting quarterback in the NFL.

It would also help if Quinn had some good wide receivers to throw too.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It's not looking good for Quinn either..

4. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

Anderson just is not a starter in the NFL. He could make a career as a serviceable backup but he just is not starting material.

Neither is Quinn I must also add. He just did not come as good as advertised. He has had a few chances to steal the job but he never did. He is still young, but I just don't see him becoming a bonafide starter in the league for a good team. Short term, the Browns are better with Wallace while they wait for a good young QB to fall to them in the draft.

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Quinn will likely be traded by the end of the week.

There is heavy speculation that we might draft a QB this year now...

Quinn had his chance as a starter and had one good performance (against Detroit...) and several mediocre and bad ones.

We could take the risk of starting him again next season but Holmgren is not a fan of him and he wants a QB that he likes.

Seneca is clearly a back-up or a transition QB I am hoping we poach a good veteran QB.

I would actually hate to see us draft a QB.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's been talk about the Browns drafting a Quarterback in the draft since mid-way of the regular season, so I think it's bound to happen. Personally if Wallace is made the starter than that's a big joke and I much rather have Quinn to be honest.

If they trade Quinn, I won't be surprised if it comes back to hunt them in a few seasons.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I don't think its fair to say Anderson isn't starter material. He took a shit team in the Browns a few years ago and made them a playoff contender. One great player doesn't make a team. Barry Sanders only took the Lions to the playoffs once, so he must not have been very good.

8. StroShow

Anderson will probably go to some teams who have uncertainties at quarterback to compete for the job. Arizona, Denver, Buffalo, Washington, Seattle, and Carolina all look like possible destinations. In theory, Oakland should probably at least take a flier on him but they don't operate using logic anymore so who knows.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Anderson wouldn't fit with the Raiders because he's not the most mobile quarterback. Al Davis has no idea how to run a team. He's trying to do what Florida does in college, but that's another discussion for another time.

10. StroShow

I just saw this on another forum that Derek Anderson wrote about the Cleveland Brown fans and I thought it was to die for lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4979700