Broncos suspend Marshall

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well we all knew this was probably coming.

Josh McDaniels is sure making a name for himself in Denver...for all the wrong reasons.

The Broncos have suspended WR Brandon Marshall for conduct detrimental to the team.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Marshall is suspended until Sept. 6. If he behaves during that time, the team will bring him back for the regular season opener. Marshall was always a high risk, high reward pick due to his attitude and this news obviously makes him even riskier. But it will also drive his draft stock down significantly. It's a rare chance to get a Top-10 player at a huge discount. We'd still take a chance in the fifth-or-sixth-round and hope Marshall gets his head on straight before the regular season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
McDaniels is a douche. Just trade him, I'm sure there's a few teams that would love his services. I don't understand how he can't understand that Marshall will be a pain in the butt till he get what he wants and that's either getting traded or get a better contract.

I personally don't see him behaving before the regular season start, but I might be wrong as well.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
McDaniels is going to be the one to blame when the Broncos finish with a worse record then the lowly Chiefs this season.

First the crap with Cutler and him openly wanting Matt Cassel and now this. This one is less his fault but still, he's the coach. He obviously has terrible people skills...offensive genius maybe but that's about it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
well sticky sh!t on a candlestick. I have Brandon Marshall on my FF team and have actually enjoyed having him there in the past because of his high risk high reward abilities.

I just hope that he gets traded out of Denver and to another Team somewhere where he gets happier and stacks me up some huge Fantasy Numbers this season. The guy is more than capable of it ya know, he sort of reminds me of a less popular Terrell Owens :hah:

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
DENVER — Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton has been taken to the locker room after cutting his right index finger on a helmet in the second quarter against the Chicago Bears.
After his follow-through on an incomplete pass to Correll Buckhalter, Orton appeared to graze a helmet. He immediately glanced down at his bloody finger, held it up for the sideline to see and then trotted off the field.
He was taken to the locker room and all the Broncos would say about it was that he had "an upper extremity injury and was questionable" to return.
Orton was 12-for-16 for 96 yards when he got hurt Sunday night
It's now officially a good day to be a Lions fan.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
McDaniels is going to be the one to blame when the Broncos finish with a worse record then the lowly Chiefs this season.

First the crap with Cutler and him openly wanting Matt Cassel and now this. This one is less his fault but still, he's the coach. He obviously has terrible people skills...offensive genius maybe but that's about it.
Couldn't agree more, McDaniels is proving to be a moron in handling situations like these. It looks like he was given a head coaching job just because he was such a good coordinator which is a huge mistake. You gotta have a guy that knows how to handle guys like Marshall and this isn't how you do it. You're right, he'll be the one to blame when they only win a few games this season.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's now officially a good day to be a Lions fan.
Why is that? Because a Denver Broncos Quarterback cut his finger?

Couldn't agree more, McDaniels is proving to be a moron in handling situations like these. It looks like he was given a head coaching job just because he was such a good coordinator which is a huge mistake. You gotta have a guy that knows how to handle guys like Marshall and this isn't how you do it. You're right, he'll be the one to blame when they only win a few games this season.
Yep and we've seen it time after time with coordinators becoming coaches and not being able to get the job done. Mike and Mike spoke this morning and they thought McDaniels should have thrown him out of practice for that sort of behavior.

Marshall is being a baby but I blame McDaniels for e verything

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yep and we've seen it time after time with coordinators becoming coaches and not being able to get the job done. Mike and Mike spoke this morning and they thought McDaniels should have thrown him out of practice for that sort of behavior.

Marshall is being a baby but I blame McDaniels for e verything
Exactly, I'm not saying Marshall isn't a problem but McDaniels has no idea how to handle these kinds of things, like Marshall and the Cutler situation. It reminds me of Wade Phillips in Dallas, great defensive coordinator, knows his x's and o's, but doesn't know how to be a head coach, he doesn't have the personality for it. Parcells does.

Treat him like you would treat other cocky wide receivers, TO, Chad Johnson, Plaxico Burress, etc.