Broncos Fire Shanahan

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Ryuk, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm actually in shock over this one. I never saw this one coming but really they have only been mediocre at best.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I'm surprised by this. Shanahan is a very good NFL coach and it was only a few years ago they finished 1st in the AFC West and were 13-3(9-7 the year after).

You can't put all the blame on him for this year. The Broncos had no D and Tatum Bell was their starting RB due to about 4-5 other RBs going down to injury.

So I think this was a bad move on Denver's part. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will want him. I'd be surprised if he didn't have a job come the 09 season(unless he doesn't want to coach again right away).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a shocking move, I really didn't expect him to get fired, hes been one of the best coaches in the NFL for the last decade or so. But if he wants another job as a head coach he'll get one no problem.

5. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

cool! maybe the browns can pick him up. we don't have a coach because he got fired too.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He'll get picked up somewhere that really needs help or just wants a really good coach. This firing was a huge shock to me. Way more of something to talk about then the Lions firing coaches and what not.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

The Lions staff could use a bit of everything now.

9. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow the Broncos are fucking idiots. Mike Shanahan is one of the best coaches in the league and someone is going to pay that man a ton of money to coach in this league.