• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Broncos fire McDaniels

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to the Denver Broncos twitter site, Bowlen has pulled the trigger on McDaniels. Waiting for more info to come out.

If this is true, I think it's the right move to do. McDaniel has run out his time in Denver in my opinion.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Good to see him go. Denver has not done anything with him, and he does not deserve the job. Hopefully they replace him well.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I expected him to go but not until the end of the season. Not very surprised though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Who will replace him? I've heard Dan Hawkins (former Colorado coach) and possibly Leslie Frazier... thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess I'm in the minority but I think it's a stupid move. Unless that 6-0 start last year was really an abirition?

I do think he's made some weird decisions like getting rid of Marshall and Scheffler but the Cutler wasn't a bad deal. Trading up to get Tebow was a stretch but eh, he wants GOOD people on the roster. Than again, there's spygate part 2...so there's a lot against him haha

I just think he wasn't given long enough...he's still really young and you have to let young coaches make some bad calls along the way.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've been waiting for this for quite some time. I never cared for him, he was far too cocky for not really doing much as a head coach. I'm interested in seeing who takes over his job in Denver.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess I'm in the minority but I think it's a stupid move. Unless that 6-0 start last year was really an abirition?

I do think he's made some weird decisions like getting rid of Marshall and Scheffler but the Cutler wasn't a bad deal. Trading up to get Tebow was a stretch but eh, he wants GOOD people on the roster. Than again, there's spygate part 2...so there's a lot against him haha

I just think he wasn't given long enough...he's still really young and you have to let young coaches make some bad calls along the way.
He's supposedly a complete asshole, even his assistant coach told Sports Illustrated that he was. He also got rid of a good defensive coordinator. I know this shouldn't be a big factor but the public/fans couldn't stand the guy either.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He's supposedly a complete asshole, even his assistant coach told Sports Illustrated that he was. He also got rid of a good defensive coordinator. I know this shouldn't be a big factor but the public/fans couldn't stand the guy either.
And we all know that this is true because Denver fans have had sticks up their butt since Elway retired. They always want to win. Brutal fans to play for.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Also don't forget the recent issues with his staff taping another team; I'm sure losing would be the main factor for a firing, but that sure as heck doesn't help.

JPREBEL1111

who will replace him? I've heard dan hawkins (former colorado coach) and possibly leslie frazier... Thoughts?
nope! Why would an nfl team who just made a mess of their franchise in one and a half years due to an ego maniac go after a coach who just did the exact same thing at the college level (haha! Go huskers)
cower will get a serious look!
Please no gruden, but its a possibility. Denver is in a must situation this time so they will go after a proven coach.
F u mcdaniels!! You just got your dick knocked in the dirt! He was gettin rid of our star players who made the broncos exciting again like their egos were the problem while it was his ego that was threatened so they had to go. Little junior wanted it to allllll be about him over the team and players that the fans loved! How many mcdaniels jerseys and merchandise did he sell!? Whata damned fool.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 14
StroShow NFL 3
D NFL 7
O NFL 16
Ryuk NFL 8