Broken Scroll Ball On Blackberry

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well great. Just great. I was enjoying my Blackberry Pearl for less than 6 months at this point and it appears to only scroll left, right, and down now. For those who have used these, you know about the slight tension you feel when scrolling. Well when I scroll up it feels extra smooth as if nothing is happening, and well, nothing is. It's the strangest thing.

Has anybody else had any problems with their scroll ball on their Blackberry or any other phone that has these?

It's really annoying because if I scroll down on any menu it stays there even if exit and go back in. I have to reboot the phone to get to the first text message if I scroll down, for example. Annoying! :urp:

And wouldn't you know it, I didn't buy the warranty.

Twitch

Registered Member
I'm pretty sure I've heard of people saying that they can just bring it into a blackberry store to get a new ball put in. They just pop it out and pop a new one back in.

Don't take my word though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, your cell store should be able to fix it pretty easily.

And trade up to the Curve. The Pearl is crap.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yup its not hard at all to fix. Kims went out and all she did was take it to the local Verizon outlet where we usually go to and they had it fixed within 5 minutes. My dads did the same, his ball was sticking and wouldnt scroll up. So he took it in and same deal had it fixed easily within moments. All no charge....

I wouldnt let it ruin your day ;) just find the time this weekend to roll (pardon the pun) into your local Dealer and have 'em replace it.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, your cell store should be able to fix it pretty easily.

And trade up to the Curve. The Pearl is crap.
I think I'm done with Blackberries after this experience. This thing also resets completely at random. And by "resets" I mean completely reboots for an entire 5 minutes without any warning whatsoever.

I'm looking at something like the HTC Nexus One from Google.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think I'm done with Blackberries after this experience. This thing also resets completely at random. And by "resets" I mean completely reboots for an entire 5 minutes without any warning whatsoever.
Thats a hardware error to. My dads 8330 Curve did that. They told him to Update it, and if the Update didnt fix the problem that they would replace it for free.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Isn't there a manufacturer's warranty that you don't buy, you get it by nature of buying the product. Maybe you're still covered, just go to your cell provider or BB directly. Either way, they should be able to fix it. :lol: