Broken Heart

lonely

Registered Member
The heart is like glass. Anyone can break it, by words or by actions, if this person is close to your heart.

Most people believe that your heart can only be broken by the people that you love. Do you agree with this?

For me, I think this holds some truth, but not always, because sometimes it's broken by strangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
The heart is easily broken by those close to us, but I think it can be broken by strangers too. Maybe not so easily, but it can be done. The feeling of utter dismay as you realize that your faith in Humanity has been crushed, the realization of how disgraceful we are as a race, the sheer disbelief that people can do the things they do to each other....these things break my heart on a regular basis.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Your heart can only be broken by strangers if you give it to everyone you meet. Besides, this metaphorical heart is also only made of glass if that's what you choose. It's easy to picture the heart like glass especially when it breaks.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The heart can be broken if it's made of glass in anyone's eyes [whether they're strangers or people close to us.]
You decide about the immune system of your heart.
But I think the heart should not be broken by strangers. All you have to do is ignore them.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I won't lie I'm a little confused by the "heart broken by strangers" bit. My initial thought is that people like that must be like the types who go on American Idol and give it their all only to break down and flip out on the judges before storming out of the venue crying about how they made a big mistake.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Let a mob of strangers insult you for something about you that is true, and tell me that they didn't break your heart.

Rectify88

Registered Member
Hearts are fragile things weather you believe it or not. We start out with an arrow in us and from then on the heart can be broken. I think when it comes to strangers we open ourselves to more wounds. Words can utterly tear us apart. Our hearts the soft spot amongst the amour that we may ware. But you know for me I have amazing armor and I know that some people don't understand there wounds and lash out negatively towards others. I still have that arrow in me plus other marks, but there just that, reminders, they don't make me they don't change who I am, just notions of the past. When you open yourself and walk with your wound you open up a lot of love and that really is the way to do it. Not to walk in shame and keep your heart in the dark. It may lead to "security" but it leads to loneliness also.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Let a mob of strangers insult you for something about you that is true, and tell me that they didn't break your heart.
Isn't there a Dr. Seuss quote that goes something like "Those who mind don't matter. Those who matter don't mind"? Insults hurt, sure, but if you let complete strangers hurt you (or go as far as to break your heart) then I'm sorry but you take things way too seriously and personally.

If strangers manage to insult you about something that's true, then I don't think they're really strangers. Apparently they know you on some level. If they choose a physical trait to pick on...then that's just sad.

Anyways, I think hearts can only be broken by people who we trust and care about. people we devote considerable emotion to

Last edited:

Ebola

Registered Member
I had stir fried chicken hearts for dinner the other day.

Yep,I can confirm that heart is a fragile object and easy to break.

Very delicious though.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I won't lie I'm a little confused by the "heart broken by strangers" bit. My initial thought is that people like that must be like the types who go on American Idol and give it their all only to break down and flip out on the judges before storming out of the venue crying about how they made a big mistake.
I'm not going to lie so am I and my initial thought is pretty much the same. I don't understand strangers breaking your heart and find it all WAAAAYY too dramatic for me.

I agree with Oxy in that I think hearts can only be broken by those that who we care about.