• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Broken Bones

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What bones have you broken in your life?
Do you still get twinges and 'jip' and such like stuff, from said bone even still, even though it's healed?

I've broken my ankle as a kid when some big twat fell on it playing footie. It does not give me any 'jip'.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've broken two toes, that's it. Well I may have broken my 3rd lumbar vertebra last week in a sledding incident - they said there was a "compression deformity" in L3 but they couldn't tell whether it was from an old injury or the sledding accident.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I've had two bones broke in my right hand on separate occassions, both of them kind of odd. The first was the pisiform bone which is located in the jumble of small bones at the heel of the hand near the wrist down from the pinky finger. I fell back on it during tennis when I was semi-diving for a back hand shot and stepped on a stray ball. (Let this be a lesson to never have balls on the court when in in a match). The Dr had never seen this bone broken. There was not much they could do but pain management and a wrist brace that had metal piece to protect the area.

The other break was in the knuckle bone on my middle "bird" finger. It occured after a night of bowling (which inflames the joint) and in the morning I was bearing down on a lotion bottle. Even though I was using my index finger, my grip on the bottle was with my other fingers. I felt something but it wasn't until 3 days passed and the knuckle got really sore and swollen. They detected a crack in the xrays.

It was when I got the knuckle break that I asked the Dr to look into if I had brittle bones. They scheduled a scan and discovered I have osteopenia .... which is before osteroperosis. It was recommended I go on calcium. I am part of a high risk group because I was underweight or lower weight most my life. Apparently the bones need a certain amount of frame to support to be at their strongest.

Puck

Registered Member
I broke my arm in 4 places when I was 8.
It still gives me problems sometimes if I don't stretch it out before playing sports or whatever.
And it aches sometimes when there's a rainstorm due. Which I still think is a coincidence, but there you go.

I've also chipped a bone in 3 fingers and in the medial cuneiform bone in my foot. That one was really painful and I ended up in a walking cast for about 3 weeks.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have broken my collar bone and had 2 ribs broken and I also had my jaw fractured.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Well I may have broken my 3rd lumbar vertebra last week in a sledding incident - they said there was a "compression deformity" in L3 but they couldn't tell whether it was from an old injury or the sledding accident.
Speak English, woman :hah:

I have never broken a bone! Which is amazing for me. Though I have had a ton of 'accidents' and weird things go wrong, no broken bones have ever been involved. Despite being clumsy with objects and things, I'm pretty good at staying upright and don't do anything particularly 'dangerous'.

Closest I've come is with my foot, probably. Pretty sure that was a fracture. I was quite young and just remember having to push myself around on a wheely chair cause I couldn't walk on it for ages after a swimming pool accident. Definitely wasn't broken, though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have been pretty lucky to not have broken anything in my life up to this point and I hope I'm not jinxing myself by responding to this thread...

The only thing I can really think of that was close was when playing soccer I got tripped from behind and fell awkwardly on my hand and I'm pretty sure I sprained two fingers on my right hand because they hurt to bend for at least a year afterwards. I was a typical guy and stayed in the game and never went to the doctor lol.

The only other close call was when I kicked an aluminum trash can after the Blues lost a playoff game. I wasn't wearing a shoe. After I settled down I looked down at my sock and realized I was bleeding quite badly. It was a cut but I didn't break it thankfully. Probably sprained again in that instance.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've never broken a bone, but I have dislocated a number of things and they still get sore sometimes.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've never broken a bone in one swift happening, but a medication that I had taken caused a health condition called "avascular necrosis." The blood flow basically cut off at my ball and socket hip joints, caused the bone death over time, and I had total hip replacements once it got too painful to bear...one in 2004 and one in 2006.

Good times ;)

Last edited:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I have been pretty lucky to not have broken anything in my life up to this point and I hope I'm not jinxing myself by responding to this thread...

The only thing I can really think of that was close was when playing soccer I got tripped from behind and fell awkwardly on my hand and I'm pretty sure I sprained two fingers on my right hand because they hurt to bend for at least a year afterwards. I was a typical guy and stayed in the game and never went to the doctor lol.

The only other close call was when I kicked an aluminum trash can after the Blues lost a playoff game. I wasn't wearing a shoe. After I settled down I looked down at my sock and realized I was bleeding quite badly. It was a cut but I didn't break it thankfully. Probably sprained again in that instance.
I tell you something, sprains are a complete and utter cadariffic bastardbox. I remember falling on my foot/ankle (again) when pissed up once, and honestly I thought it must have been broken. Turned out it was only sprained. It swelled up and everything, but it hurt like hell. More than the time I actually broke the frigger... Was real shite. --