• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Broken Bones

dDave

V.I.P.
Anyone ever broken a bone before?

I've been lucky enough to never have a true break but I've definitely done some stuff I shouldn't have done.

I ran cross country and track in high school. I ran so hard and so long without giving myself time to rest and heal that I developed stress fractures in both shins. Combine that with shin splints and you got one fierce condition that made it hard for me to even walk for about a month. The inside of my shins bruised so badly that it looked like someone drew a line with a purple marker on my skin. I wish I had taken a picture. This isn't really what you think when people talk about broken bones but regardless, the shin bones were technically broken as a fracture is a broken bone.

I've probably done some stuff to several fingers, and maybe a rib or two throughout the years but nothing ever got offocialy diagnosed. I've done some ankle sprains and a wrist sprain but I don't think anything ever broke.

Basically, I've had to learn to take care of myself. Doing much better now.

Broken bones anyone?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I can honestly say that I've never broken a bone in my life before. And I've never really come close to doing so either.

I can only imagine how painful breaking a bone must be. I hope I never find out.

TillyMay

I've had a broken foot and broken arm, both have heeled but I don't go jogging anymore, I go cycling instead, I get a few aches in my arm now but that's to be expected, I've taken Vitamin D for a few years now to strengthen my bones 🦴